Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hel!p look at this log please ( Cammed 5.3 truck)

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That looks maybe like his spinning tires are slowly/progressively gaining traction and at the same time the engine is starting to experience increasing load (from increasing traction and insufficient torque).
    Yeah, that's what I started thinking after a closer look.
    The Tremor at AIR

Slowrc, what are the cam specs...?

Lifetime Member

Sorry to come back so late. the cam is a 220 56x lift on a 112. this log was taken while doing autove. I will post the tune later today. I am at work now and can't do it on the work computer. It does spin on the 1-2 shift. I thought commanded would be 12.95 for fuel so I'll have to check into that and thats the timing table from a well known local tuner from the 4.8 tune. I definitely see you guys points! Thanks for looking.
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

Lifetime Member

Could the IAT have made the commanded A/f be that high? on my tune its 12.95 just like the autove tutorial says. I texted the owner the schematic and he got the right wires back installed. The wrong ground was pulled when we diabled the maf (DOH!) He says it idles soo much better now. THANKS!!!
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

I looked at some tune files, there is no IAT AFR table other than B3641 IAT PE multiplier (which I saw was zero in all cases)...

So IAT does not affect the commanded IAT (unless B3641 is non-zero during PE)...

But IAT affects the airmass calculation... IAT -38°F would cause a greater airmass to be calculated, so for a given commanded AFR this would cause a greater fuelmass to be injected, the fuelmass would be greater than what is required to meet the AFR with the actual airmass (at actual intake air temp, 70°-90°F or so), so wideband will read richer than commanded AFR.

Edit: my explanation was messed up.
    Last edited by joecar; June 18th, 2010 at 06:45 AM.

Lifetime Member

I will log and tune the fuel map a few more times and see how it looks. Was the iat affecting the timing? max timing on the high side of the map is 28 in the tune.

Also, how is timing calculated if I am running SD?

When should you perform a full reflash instead of program with currently loaded calibration?

THANKS!!!

Post #15: I had messed up my grammar/context/participles/something... see my correction to make it read properly.

Slowrc. Do not continue trying to do AutoVE until you have changed B3647 away from stoich in the low load areas.(I use 14.5:1) STFT are active when you command stoich & will mess with your data.
    Timing is calculated from cylinder airmass. Log GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA & RPM to reference what cell you are in.
    The Tremor at AIR

Here are my views / observations, most are repeats....

• The tune appears to be a CLSD, evidenced by the WB signal hunting at light throttle.
    • PE mode is being entered, evidenced by the WB signal varying in high load areas.
    • As already mentioned and fixed, the IAT was not working.
    • Broken IAT sensor will mess up all VE correction data due to charge blending and if using a COS, {A0014} IAT VE Multiplier. Do not use any log with the bad IAT sensor foe VE correction!
    • Log frames from 408-430 is most likely wheel spin, evidenced by the sharp rise in VSS at the gear change followed by the gradual down slope to a speed very close to the pre gear shift value. I'd guess that the vehicle was on dirt or wet pavement or just has bad tires.....
    • It appears all torque reduction has been turned off for the 1-2 shift, but the rest of the up-shifts still have some.
    • The timing is too high and the commanded fuel is too low. This will make the car feel very weak at WOT, most likely it's also experiencing a bit of exhaust backfire as well.

Now, what to do moving forward...

1. Fix the IAT and confirm it is reading correctly! ( already done )
    2. Confirm the PE tables to ensure a more reasonable amount of fuel is commanded during PE mode. Aim for 12.5 while doing the VE so it's always going to be safe.
    3. Alter max spark timing in PE mode to around 22' while dialing the VE.
    4. If using a COS, command 14.5 in all cells in B3647 to force the PCM into OL mode. Otherwise use BiDi's to force OL mode. You don't want CL mode when doing the VE
    5. Disable DFCO when doing the VE corrections.

This should get you to a much better position and wake the car up a lot.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

The first tune is the tune used while I was making the log that was posted. This is a truck with 4:56 gears and a shift kit. It does break loose on the 1-2 shift. The second tune is some changes that have been made since the first tune.

I see that 3618 is set to 14.62, but isn't that the way I was instructed in the autove tutorial?? Why was it not using the richer 3605 that would have had the commanded @ 12.95?

I don't have 3467 in this OS.

Thanks so much for helping!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast