Thread: Take a look at my log

Default Take a look at my log

Just did a quick log....im wondering about some KR that starts at frame 629. this is under normal driving conditions.....there is a brief wot pull at frame 1006.

how does this log look? I just got my efi live setup and am new to tuning so anything i learn is good.

thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Not a bad log. Trims look good. DYNCYLAIR and CYLAIR look like they generally match up (always a good thing).

My only comment is the MAP/RPM you are exhibiting the first incidence of KR. Technically, we call this 'lugging'. Looks like you are in an overdrive gear, and putting a load on it? That is a very high MAP for such a low RPM.

A few notes. It is pretty warm (IAT's). Your tune may benefit from pulling 2-3 degrees of timing when it above 90F. The other is just not to lug it. Force a downshift. Your Rpm's will be higher, but the load will actually be less. Your engine will probably not ping then.

Do you have any higher octane gas you can use? That WOT KR is not too bad, but you never really want any. Again, it could be those high temperatures, and starting from a relatively low Rpm.

Thats my O2..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Not a bad log. Trims look good. DYNCYLAIR and CYLAIR look like they generally match up (always a good thing).

My only comment is the MAP/RPM you are exhibiting the first incidence of KR. Technically, we call this 'lugging'. Looks like you are in an overdrive gear, and putting a load on it? That is a very high MAP for such a low RPM.

A few notes. It is pretty warm (IAT's). Your tune may benefit from pulling 2-3 degrees of timing when it above 90F. The other is just not to lug it. Force a downshift. Your Rpm's will be higher, but the load will actually be less. Your engine will probably not ping then.

Do you have any higher octane gas you can use? That WOT KR is not too bad, but you never really want any. Again, it could be those high temperatures, and starting from a relatively low Rpm.

Thats my O2..
    Thanks for taking a look for me.

Under the first incidence of KR it was under normal acceleration, it felt like it was lugging, do i need to adjust my tranny table to prevent this?

The IAT is high because ambient temp was around 91-93 degrees. It gets really hot down on the gulf coast.

Im using 93 octane gas, but i was using only pure gas, but now every station is putting ethanol in. Would that affect it?

Thanks,
    Caleb

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Caleb:

I am not the expert on the auto tranny, so hopefully another forum reader/tuner can give you specific tips on preventing lugging (auto).

In a M6 it is obviously easier. I am pretty confident the first incidence is just that, so hopefully we will get the answer.

Understand on the IAT and that being normal. Depending on your OS, most stock spark tables start pulling sprak above 95-100F. I am just suggesting lowering that to ~90F. That way it will only pull spark from your High-Octane Spark table when it is really warm. If you adjust the High-Octane Spark, then it will pull that Spark all the time. Hot weather really contributes to detonation.

Good luck..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

i belive the IAT was the cause, ive been doing some more logging and i have yet to get any more KR.