Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok Here is my first Log, what do you see and any recommendations?

Lifetime Member

Default Ok Here is my first Log, what do you see and any recommendations?

First off, thank you for every ones help. I have come to realize there is nothing wrong with asking for help when trying to learn something. I apologize for my "newness" the the tuning world, but we all have to start at some point. I just received my EFI Live a few days ago, and I have been browsing the tutorials and what have you. So I decided to follow the scan tool tutorial and Log for the first time.

So this is a WOT pull with my 2004 Z06. Only mods are CAI, Mufflers and TB bypass.

WOT2.efi

For someone who is just getting their feet wet, please make some recommendations. I appreciate it.

I'm glad you posted... no need to apologize (everyone is new at one time or other)...

I'm running late at the moment, but I linked this in my todo's so I'll look alter tonite... in the meantime I'm sure others will take a look and give you comments/hints.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Dogg:

Generally looks good. You have a pretty fast car, judging by your VSS's (mph).

A few notes:
    1. Looks like you are running Closed-Loop, MAF-enabled?
    2. No KR noted.
    3. Your LTFT Trims are high. Thats normal with a cold air intake, but will need adjusting.
    4. Your Narrowband O2 mv look good.
    5. Spark Advance looks good.
    6. You are getting close to maxing out your injectors. That may get 'better' as you get rid of those +LTFT's, disable COTP fueling, lean out PE etc..
    7. Whats your Rev limiter set at? I like the 6801 Rpm's !

Overall, not getting KR and having good acceleration is a plus. You are a good candidate for WeathermanShawn's Tuning Tutorial ( I don't get paid for this....)...http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Calc.VE Tuning Tutorial.pdf

You have a nice ride. A wideband, some fueling adjustments..you are on your way..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Hey thanks! I have a wideband, I just haven't installed it. Actually I am a bit confused on the wideband, my goal is to tune other peoples/customers cars as well, so I was wondering if I could just use the primary 02 sensor location for the WB and just remove the WB when I am done?

It is running CL with MAF enabled because I haven't touched anything yet. I just wanted to attempt to Log and be successful at that. Woot! Step one is done. Ha

No knock retard noted, is that good?

LTFT being high, what is the norm? What are some ways to adjust and what is safe?

Any idea what size the stock injectors are? Would there be any reason to replace them?

Rev Limit on the Z06 is 7k I believe.

Lookin forward to WeathermanShawn's Tutorial. I'm done with the scan tool tutorial, but I'm not sure if I am ready to make any adjustments yet. I think I will go through the tune tool tutorial next.

Thanks for your reply!

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n8dogg View Post
    Hey thanks! I have a wideband, I just haven't installed it. Actually I am a bit confused on the wideband, my goal is to tune other peoples/customers cars as well, so I was wondering if I could just use the primary 02 sensor location for the WB and just remove the WB when I am done?

I think others have done that. On my car I use both banks for tuning, but my wideband bung (header location) is very close to the narrowband.

It is running CL with MAF enabled because I haven't touched anything yet. I just wanted to attempt to Log and be successful at that. Woot! Step one is done. Ha

Good job!

No knock retard noted, is that good?

YES!!! Keep it that way..

LTFT being high, what is the norm? What are some ways to adjust and what is safe?

Normally, you want them close to zero or slightly negative. In my Tutorial I cover a lot of that. If you are keeping MAF, he easiest way is to 'calibrate' the MAF Calibration Table in your tune. Positive Fuel Trims add excess fuel at WOT or when engaging PE.

Any idea what size the stock injectors are? Would there be any reason to replace them?

I think the ZO6 were ~30lb'ers. Probably no need to replace. You hit 6800 Rpm, and still had room. With some additional tuning, you should be fine.

Rev Limit on the Z06 is 7k I believe.

Nice..

Lookin forward to WeathermanShawn's Tutorial. I'm done with the scan tool tutorial, but I'm not sure if I am ready to make any adjustments yet. I think I will go through the tune tool tutorial next.

Thats a good step. When you are ready to do some adjusting, just post your tune and another log. I like to think you can do the above Tutorial in an afternoon.

Thanks for your reply!

Your welcome..
    Good luck..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Good log.

Log these pids:
    VSS
    TP
    RPM
    DYNCYLAIR_DMA <-- From VE, lets you index into spark tables.
    CYLAIR_DMA <-- From MAF, lets you index into spark tables.
    MAF (SAE)
    MAP (SAE)
    DYNAIRTMP_DMA <-- lets you see what IAT/ECT blend the PCM used, allows computing VE.
    IAT
    ECT
    EQIVRATIO or AFR
    SPARKADV
    KR
    LONGFT1
    LONGFT2
    HO2S11
    HO2S21
    MFTOTAL
    CALC.CYLAIR

Keeping the pid channel count no greater than 24 yields the fastest sample rate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogg.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	8348  

Which wideband do you have...?

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Good log.

Log these pids:
    VSS
    TP
    RPM
    DYNCYLAIR_DMA <-- From VE, lets you index into spark tables.
    CYLAIR_DMA <-- From MAF, lets you index into spark tables.
    MAF (SAE)
    MAP (SAE)
    DYNAIRTMP_DMA <-- lets you see what IAT/ECT blend the PCM used, allows computing VE.
    IAT
    ECT
    EQIVRATIO or AFR
    SPARKADV
    KR
    LONGFT1
    LONGFT2
    HO2S11
    HO2S21
    MFTOTAL
    CALC.CYLAIR

Keeping the pid channel count no greater than 24 yields the fastest sample rate.
    Thanks, I couldn't find a good guideline of PIDs to Log for Tables.

I'm at work now, I will surely check all of these out either on lunch or when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Which wideband do you have...?

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?
    I just got it, so I believe it is V2 and the wideband is the LC-1. Is it necessary to use the wideband on a fairly stock car for making just minor adjustments?

Wideband will reveal how close the factory tune is... and for making any fueling changes a wideband is a very big advantage.

If your FlashScan has the LCD then it's a V2.

See these links:
    showthread.php?8858-Tutorial-FlashScan-V2-Serial-Wideband-Logging <-- see his sig.
    showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2 <-- see post #3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast