Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok Here is my first Log, what do you see and any recommendations?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Wideband will reveal how close the factory tune is... and for making any fueling changes a wideband is a very big advantage.

If your FlashScan has the LCD then it's a V2.

See these links:
    showthread.php?8858-Tutorial-FlashScan-V2-Serial-Wideband-Logging <-- see his sig.
    showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2 <-- see post #3.

I will check these out as well when I get home.

Question, what are the things I can adjust using the narrow bands. Is it OK to advance timing a bit? Can I get the LTFT down a bit? At this point I only wish to do a few minor things and familiarize myself a bit before getting too deep. I haven't attempted to make any changes or adjustments as I haven't read through the tuning tutorial yet.

Also if I were to use a wide band in place of one of the primary narrow bands, wont that screw up my LTFT readings? I was really hoping I didn't have to weld in the bung as I plan to do headers in the near future. If at all possible, like I said, I would rather do some minor things now, and worry about really fine tuning my fueling after my header install.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

If you log MAF Frequency (Hz) vs LTFT (Bank 1 or 2) or CALCLTFTBENS (See Tutorial) you can apply the MAF correction to eliminate those positive Trims.

Personally, on your ZO6, I would leave Spark alone (for now). Those are high-compression heads. You don't need more than 22-25 degrees of Total Spark Advance on those heads to make power (I run 22 degrees WOT-Summer).

You can safely do the Non-PE (see Tutorial) with just your Narrowbands and strict adherence to the Tutorial. I'll leave the bung decision to you and others. Technically, you probably can get away with just one bank for logging. The PCM may want both banks?

Get a wideband ASAP. WOT is where the fun is at. Tuning a nice AFR at WOT will probably do more for your performance than anything. Its probably really rich right now. There is probably 10-20 more HP just in nailing down that 12.7 AFR at WOT.

Later..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Default Narrowband O2's

Try WeathermansShawn's Calc VE tutorial (included in you EFILive V7.5 software install, see this file: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials\Calc VE Tuning Tutorial.pdf).

Use this calc_pids.txt file, copy it to this folder: My Documents/EFILive/V7.5/User Configuration.

Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    If you log MAF Frequency (Hz) vs LTFT (Bank 1 or 2) or CALCLTFTBENS (See Tutorial) you can apply the MAF correction to eliminate those positive Trims.

Personally, on your ZO6, I would leave Spark alone (for now). Those are high-compression heads. You don't need more than 22-25 degrees of Total Spark Advance on those heads to make power (I run 22 degrees WOT-Summer).

You can safely do the Non-PE (see Tutorial) with just your Narrowbands and strict adherence to the Tutorial. I'll leave the bung decision to you and others. Technically, you probably can get away with just one bank for logging. The PCM may want both banks?

Get a wideband ASAP. WOT is where the fun is at. Tuning a nice AFR at WOT will probably do more for your performance than anything. Its probably really rich right now. There is probably 10-20 more HP just in nailing down that 12.7 AFR at WOT.

Later..
    I'd love to see the 10-20 HP gain. I'm going to start reading trough the tuning tutorials and take notes. I'll most likely be back with some questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12