Thread: AutoVE Tuning a Boosted Custom OS Z06

Default AutoVE Tuning a Boosted Custom OS Z06

I'm a little confused about the tuning process.
    I have a 2003 STS twin turbo Z06. I am currently running the stock OS, Stock MAF, Stock MAP, etc... It is pretty well dialed in at WOT (11.5 to 1 a/f)

I purchased a 2-bar MAP and I plan on running EFI's custom OS, in SD mode. I have a LC-1 wideband, so I plan on auto tuning the car, but I am getting a little lost on exactly what order to proceed with.

I'm thinking:

1- Load EFI's Custom OS
    2- Load my current calibration
    3- Install new MAP sensor, and re-scale the MAP sensor values.
    4- AutoVE tune with the new OS loaded.

I am a little concerned about not running lean when AutoVE tuning my car while in Boost.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Tommy
    2003 Z06 STS Twin Turbo

Tommy, If you set up the boosted VE table as per the tutorial, you will find that the engine will run quite rich; I don’t think you will have a problem with it running lean. The tutorial is set that way so there is no error's in lean mixtures.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

I am working on a similar project. Its as 01' C5 with twin 60's on a stock displacement forged motor. We dynoed the car before making the custom OS switch (640 RWHP/645 RWFT!). The tutorial will get you setup pretty easy. You need to find the matching custom OS that matches your stock OS. Before you flash the new OS, save the existing file as it will need to be flashed back in after the new OS is installed. Once the new OS is installed, flash back the bin file you originally had installed. I ended up putting in a stock bin to start from scratch.

If you place the bin that the car ran with last, you shouldn't have to make to many adjustments other then the ones noted in the tutorial. If you start from scratch don't forget to scale the injectors!

Tomorrow the fun begins! This is my first shot at the 2/3 bar custom OS stuff!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Thanks for the info. I am lokoking forward to getting started in this myself.

Unfortunately my car is idling a little rough, and it feels like a miss at part (steady) throttle. I am seeing one bank's LTFTs about 10% higher than the other. Particularly under idle, or decel. To me, that seems like a vacuum leak, since the LTFT are about equal when accelerating. But I can't figure out where the hell a vacuum leak would be on these engines. There's not many places. I thought maybe the o-rings on the new injectors where not seating perfectly, but they seem fine. Maybe I should tighten the intake manifold down a little more? Not to sure.

I get no misfire codes, so I'm thinking about swapping the four injectors from one side to the other to rule that out....

Once that is squared away, I'm ready to roll!

Tommy
    2003 Z06 STS Twin Turbo

Tommy,

What intake are you using? If its an LSX that don't have the greatest injector seating at the manifold. Be careful when tightening the intake.

Which kit do you have? I have been involved with a couple custom STS rear mount setups. We just had a C5 go 9.33 @ 149 today with a rear mount on a 388 all bore motor!

Howard

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Can I please remind everyone to really read the custom O.S pdf file carefully, if you do miss the suggested setup of one table / parameter then the engine will probably not run or run very rich. We do get alot of support emails on this and 99% of the time it's because an initial table setup was not done.
    I am not at all being critical, it usually just takes a few goes to get the overall picture on what you are doing, but believe me, it's easier and less stressfull to re-read the doc and check your work rather than trying to figure why an engine will not start when so many things have been changed.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Tommy,

What intake are you using? If its an LSX that don't have the greatest injector seating at the manifold. Be careful when tightening the intake.

Which kit do you have? I have been involved with a couple custom STS rear mount setups. We just had a C5 go 9.33 @ 149 today with a rear mount on a 388 all bore motor!

Howard
    Yes, I am using the stock LS6 intake.

Yup, I installed one of the first pre-production STS rear mounted twin kits on my car.

The car is an animal on the stock 346. I can't image a 388!

Any suggestions on how to seat the injectors better? I bent the fuel rail mounts (purposefully) to try to get all the injectors to seat deeper into the manifold. There was one or two injectors on the drivers side that did not look well sealed.

Thanks for the info!

Tommy
    2003 Z06 STS Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Can I please remind everyone to really read the custom O.S pdf file carefully, if you do miss the suggested setup of one table / parameter then the engine will probably not run or run very rich. We do get alot of support emails on this and 99% of the time it's because an initial table setup was not done.
    I am not at all being critical, it usually just takes a few goes to get the overall picture on what you are doing, but believe me, it's easier and less stressfull to re-read the doc and check your work rather than trying to figure why an engine will not start when so many things have been changed.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross, I agree with what you are saying! I am having issues with a custom OS application and have checked the install 4 times! I guess all it takes is one number to be screwed!

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Lifetime Member

edited
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Well, I switched both banks of injectors, and the problem follows the injectors. I am going to see if I can get a new set, as these injectors came with my turbo kit.

Tommy
    2003 Z06 STS Twin Turbo