Thread: cant shut off low coolant alarm in DIC?

Default cant shut off low coolant alarm in DIC?

Well the title says it all, I have a Duramax in a SUV and for what ever reason GM has seen fit to wire the "low coolant" switch from the engine coolant resioir into the A/C control modual. Yep you read it right, the A/C head unit. If I swap the diesel dash for the gasser I still get the same alarm so I'm sure its comming from the engine, if I swap the a/c controler out then the alarm goes away but it wont support the rear a/c. Can't find the engine output for the alarm is there any way to get at it.

Eric

I removed/replaced the factory coolant tank on DMax. I have the same DIC message. I have looked briefly with a SnapOn Solus Pro to see if this message can be deleted and have not found a reset/clear entry for that particular message. Nothing even close in EFI Live from what I've seen thus far. I will be checking again with the Solus this weekend and will let you know if I find anything.
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Hey Powel, since you just replaced the tank if you used one with a switch it should be o.k. The signal is just a ground return (bk/wh on one side of the NO switch and the return is lt gn) it goes back to the a/c controller of all things, go figure. The return signal goes to pin 14 on the j2 black plug. The only thing I can figure is GM did it to shut down the a/c in a low water condition via hard wire, but it doesn't exist on the gas engine. Seems odd to me.