Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: how do i get my car not to idle so high

Default how do i get my car not to idle so high

i just reinstalled a tune that i had done on my car last year, but wasnt happy with, mainly due to how high the car would idle when i first started it & also when i come to a stop. when i pull up to a stop sign & have the clutch in, the car will idle around 12-1300 rpm for a few seconds before settling down to normal idle(850-900 or so). also if i'm sitting at a red light facing down hill, if i just want to drift down the hill the car will also idle up & stay there until i come to a complete stop. i would like to make the car not do this anymore. what do i need to adjust or do to get it to idle like i want? i can try to post the tune if anybody needs to see it. thanks.

Have a look at this: idle tuning.

And please do post your tune if that's ok with you, and some log files.

how do i post my tune? i gotta be missing something because i cant get it to show up

In the reply, Go Advanced, Manage Attachments, + Add Files, Select Files,

then browse to your file, select it, click Open,

then Upload Files, Done,

then write something in the reply,

then Submit Reply.

Attachment 8410

here is the tune i'm currently running

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

LSX:

To put it nicely, a lot of your Airflow parameters are unusual (looks like you have modified quite a few).

1. Lower Idle to 800.
    2. Redo Desired Airflow. Those numbers look very high.
    3. Thats a lot of airflow in the TC at lower Rpms. Take a look at the Idle Tutorial for Tips...http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ul-Info-Inside
    4. Double-check your TC Decay Rates.
    5. Double-check your TF Airflow and Decay Rates.

I have yet to see a car that will not benefit from following the Idle Tutorial exactly as it is written. You basically have way too much air in every Idle Parameter in your tune. Especially with your TC Decay rate set at 0. It will never decay with your settings.

I would just start over. I mean that respectfully. Looks like you did some changes (history) in your tune that might have gotten your Idle airflow off..Follow the Idle Tutorial. It actually works.

Good luck..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

BadLSX, what mods on your car...?

the car has 1 7/8" headers, TSP MS-4 239/242 @ .050, ford 30# injectors, underdrive pulley, ported throttle body, racetronix fuel pump & hotwire kit.

ok, i took the tune i posted above & changed them to stock. i copied & pasted them from a stock 02 M6 tune from holdencrazy. i then loaded this back into my car & now it doesn't idle up like it originally did, however, the car does try to stall from time to time. i've read & read & now i think i'm more confused about this than ever. should i just start with a stock tune with modified IFR for my 30# SVO injectors? as far as the RAFIG, i've read about that on here for hours & still don't understand what i need to do. i can't figure out what all i need to log to do it or even where some of the stuff is located in the Scan tool. i want to be able to tune this car because i'm tired of paying these "professional" tuners from reputable shops for less than stellar results. they show me dyno numbers & say it drives as good as it can for the mods & kinda talk their way around question i would ask. the tune i posted above was a dynotune from a very highly recommended tuner & i have another tune from another reputable tuner that left me a little disappointed.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

BadLSX:

I know you are probably frustrated right now. Idle is pretty hard to nail down.

Normally injector fueling must be done first. I am not the expert on the SVO Injectors, so I will that alone for now.

Normally with a cam that big it just wants a little more desired airflow. So, try this. In your stock tune just add 2 g/s of air to Table B4307. Leave all the other Airflow Parameters alone for now.

When it gets confusing, I always just try one thing at a time. Break it down into steps, or it will get overwhelming. I would try that first and report back.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast