Thread: Sanity check of logs

Lifetime Member

Default Sanity check of logs

Guys,

long story short, friend of mine recently had his car tuned but it has returned running worse than when it went in. Car has been stroked to 6.8ltr, not sure on the actual configuration but is also running a 2bar map and a Harrop122 charger.

Attached is both the tune and a log file from today. Unfortunately the LC-1 died just before the run started so no wideband logging. Looking at the stft and ltft I'd say that things are not as good as they should be, by some distance.

The car is mafless but the tune hadn't taken this into account. I've modified the tune to set the MAF frequency fails to zero. Re-enabled ltft just to aide in logging whilst the widebands are out.

PE enable has been set to 15 from 80kPa.

Other than the trims I noticed when my friend was entering into PE mode, timing was being drasitcally pulled. I'm running on the assumption that as the MAF has been removed/failed that the car is running from the low spark table, worth moving the high spark table into the low spark table as per Auto VE?

My other concern is IFRs. The tuner has, in the past, been known to just adjust on flow rates to get AFR dialed in for PE mode. Having never worked on adjusted injectors or fuel systems, is there any guide on how to calculate what injector settings should be? Pulse Width, Flow Rates etc based on the new size and the pressure of the fuel pump?

Ultimately until my friend manages to get a decent wideband hooked up, is there anything that can be attempted just to bring things in line a bit more than having trims up to 30% out? I know it would be dirty but anything has to be an improvement.

Please find tune and log attached.

Cheers

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stigmundfreud; July 4th, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

What are the new injectors...?

If they are for another GM vehicle, try to copy as many of the injector characteristics tables that you can.

If they are for something else, try to get as much data as possible for editing into the injector characteristics tables.

More info: showthread.php?4821-Calculating-Injector-Flow-rate

Lifetime Member

will try and find out what they are, what lb rating etc. I'm sure there isnt a great deal of choice, or rather, diversity on a build of this spec so someone somewhere on here will know. Soon as I get them I'll see whats what. The car though, adding in 20 to 30%, not good is it. Is there a dirty trick to tune ve from STFT/LTFT?

Lifetime Member

standard LS2 injectors but there is a question as to whether we got 36 or 42lb injectors. The GTO LS2 appeared to get 32lb so some confusion without looking, only my mate lives around an hour away...