Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate Custom O.S

Default Re: The ultimate Custom O.S

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Hi All,

Just to let you all know, around the corner is a new enhanced custom O.S that speaks for itself......Version 4
    As well as offering 3 bar support it will also do the following.

1 - A VE table fully mapped by TPS, with a user definable MAP, TPS & RPM switch back to the MAP VE Table, best of both worlds.

2 - Input Monitor fuel / spark modifier. This uses a spare input on the PCM to monitor things like a relay state that will then make the PCM look to an additional fuel and spark table. very handy for N20 setups, when the N20 system is active you can add fuel and pull timing. You can also define when you want this to become active based on a minimum MAP and RPM value.

Just imagine the tuning freedom you will have with a 3bar TPS mapped N2O monster

I have no firm dates for the release of these, they are a work in progress situation, we are also about to release Duramax, so things are pretty crazy at the moment. What I can say is the V4 mods will probably only apply to earlier 2001 / 2002 operating systems initially, with 2003 - 2005 to follow. We hope to get some of these out for testing this week.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I can't wait. Can you give more details on what the tables for #2 will be like.

Lifetime Member

That is what relays are for
    Pulse a relay at around 20hz and its going to cuase all kinds of issues.
    They work fine for on and off not so good for pulsing.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

Quote Originally Posted by caver
    That is what relays are for
    Pulse a relay at around 20hz and its going to cuase all kinds of issues.
    They work fine for on and off not so good for pulsing.
    But you don't pulse a n20 noid, right? They are always triggered from a realy to start with.

I think he was talking about having progressive stages of n20.

Sorry to get off topic.

I have a "pulsing" nitrous controller on my streetrod, It is from NOS, It is the best thing ive ever owned. it is tps related, so, the 200 shot is only 10% of that at 10% throttle, 50% at 50% throttle and full 200 shot at 100%. It is just like having an other motor on at all times, I forget the part number on it, but i could get it for you, But yes, it is very hard on the soloniods.
    They make you use 2 pro shot nitrous soloniods on the system so you dont have a major falure.. BOOM!!! lol
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

The pulsed systems do work well for being able to control the nitrous shot. Used a Jacob's controller and it works pretty well. But, you will significantly shorten the life of any solenoid that is pulsed. They just aren't happy doing it and get pretty hot. But, it costs to play with the big boys

Quote Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER2002
    I can't wait. Can you give more details on what the tables for #2 will be like.
    Just 2D tables, another VE mutliplier (so yes, you must run SD) and a 2D timing table +-.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have a question..... Can you make a special OS that will allow us to run a DRY kit without the MAF? That would be awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

1 - A VE table fully mapped by TPS, with a user definable MAP, TPS & RPM switch back to the MAP VE Table, best of both worlds.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Almost sounds like we can do Alpha-N type tuning now! Woohoo for the radical race only motors!

Vetteboy, sorry I never answered the 1998 Custom O.S question.
    I unfortunately in an act of stupidity killed my 1998 PCM, I am trying to get another one here to continue on the development with them :wink:

One of the issues with custom O.S's is we are bascially modifying GM's standard subroutine to perform 'x' function, if you add too much code into a subroutine there is every chance the task may not finish in time (disaster), so we need to keep an eye on just how much can be added before CPU throughput is at it's limit.
    The other issue is flash memory space in the later flex fuel O.S's, which is basically anything from 2003+, there is just no space left and it is getting worse, we would need to start pulling functions out of the PCM to add new things, that opens up a can of worms!.

The V4 O.S I posted about has progressed somewhat but I must admit Duramax is taking up 95% my time right now, but then again, that is nearly all finished , so back to it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i just so happen to have 10 98 pcms to donate to the cause... Ill add them to the send list... And, im looking for your other thing you asked for now.. Im just looking for a operating system....
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast