Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4L80E segment for OS 09379910

Here is the file I have been using since last year when I completed the powertrain swap. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to ask a local tuner to try and decide who can and will build me the best tune possible? I don't want to be a douche, but I don't wan't to pay someone $500+ to copy and paste, I can do that!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Basically you want the VE mapped for PT and WOT, or do you need only WOT...?

You may be able to calculate VE for PT range using MAF, MAP, RPM, DYNAIRTMP/IAT... see CALC.VE_Table.VE in attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hate sounding like such a half-ass, but WOT is my #1 concern. I will need a fairly stable idle and will occasionally use PT, but more or less the truck is for pure abuse, so a toggle switch throttle would be ok.

I feel like I'm still in way over my head even after a year of reading on this forum. I think its because I need to start with the basics... proper scan tool set-up, and AutoVE. But that brings up my whole problem... off-road only. Can't get much hands-on.

Sounds like a tuner with a dyno may be your best bet... there really isn't any cut/paste solution.

I think so too. It won't be long and my boss' truck will be running again and I will have the opportunity to tune it. Since its a street truck I'll be able to take it from the beginning and become familiar with the VE table. I look forward to it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vortecyota View Post
    I think so too. It won't be long and my boss' truck will be running again and I will have the opportunity to tune it. Since its a street truck I'll be able to take it from the beginning and become familiar with the VE table. I look forward to it.
    Are you thinking tune your boss' truck to practice AutoVE, spark tuning, etc then apply the concepts to your dirt rig? Sounds like a great idea to me!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Exactly, Mine has to be done soon because there is a ride I have been wanting to go on Aug. 7. It will be a few months before my boss' truck will be running again. So I guess I'll just pay to have mine dyno tuned for now, then start learning from scratch on my boss' truck. Then later on if I make any more changes to mine I might be able to handle the calibration work.

Thank you guys so much for your time!
    Brint

Got an appointment at the dyno shop Saturday morning. I pray he can find some power in it! I'll let you guys know it turns out.

Post dyno results... get the shop to include AFR/lambda in the HP/TQ graphs... (and any other info).

Will the dyno shop be using EFILive...?

No EFILive. I'll post it when its done. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast