Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I give up.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Isn't Marcin (RedHardSupra) in Charleston, SC?

I don't know if he does trucks..but is there anything he doesn't know?

Isn't that just a few hours drive at most?
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Devil, try pulling the tune out of your Z06 and let us know. Since you can grab the TCM file from your truck Im thinking there's something wired to the ECM harness thats messing up your comms. Have you tried disconnecting your HU and any adapters it uses? Know its a pain, but even without fuses/power they can still mess stuff up. Ive spent 45+ min before on the side of the road trying to get a tune to flash back in.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

I had a similar problem. I asked for help nicely and followed everyone suggestions. It was the firmware in my scan tool. Works perfect now!

I suggested that you use a battery charger, while reading. Have you done that?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Devil_Z,

Do you have V7.5.6.125 and V8.1.2.105 installed...?

Did you flash 2.6.35 specifically from the V8.1.2.105 install...?

(there are several beta 2.6.35 firmware files... each time you install a new V8 software build you need to flash in the new 2.6.35)

I had this same problem when I first tried to do my download. I have a 2005 LLY too and I learned that hard way after i tried several times to do the same thing you are. Neither EFI Live or the GM Tech II will do anything with the databus unless the "15 amp Radio" fuse is pulled under the hood on the drivers side with an aftermarket stereo that has its own bus. After I did that I have had no issues doing downloads or tunes as long as I pull that fuse.
    2005 Silverado 4x4 Duramax DSP2
    4 inch straight exhaust, fuel rail shim kit, PVC re-route kit, modded intake horn, and air bag kit for towing.

1999 Camaro LS1 6 speed, torquer 3 cam, LS6 intake, MAF delete, and M9 rear w/ 4:10's.

That is the power draw issue that is remedied with the battery charger. Which can also be caused by poor battery charge, hvac fan, etc.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I had some really weird issues on an LLY that once had a BullyDog tune installed.... sounds like you need to have someone with a TechII reflash it using a fresh calibration file. A Full Flash using the V2 may work also but you will need the stock tune.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Quote Originally Posted by NMDuramax View Post
    I had this same problem when I first tried to do my download. I have a 2005 LLY too and I learned that hard way after i tried several times to do the same thing you are. Neither EFI Live or the GM Tech II will do anything with the databus unless the "15 amp Radio" fuse is pulled under the hood on the drivers side with an aftermarket stereo that has its own bus. After I did that I have had no issues doing downloads or tunes as long as I pull that fuse.
    Is this a 2005 specific thing? I've never pulled any fuses at all in my 04 LLY (now LBZ) and I've never even had the slightest problem reading, flashing, etc with with my V1, V2 or Tech2.

Lifetime Member

from what i've heard it kind of a hit n miss type of deal. some it's a problem and some it's not...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast