Thread: DSP5 switch issues

Default DSP5 switch issues

Just uploaded and flashed DSP5 tunes last night. Went well, Went to install DSP5 switch, and have spent almost 8 hrs trying to diagnose the following problem.

Let me start with saying Nick at Duramaxtuner.com provided the entire package (hes been great!) I have checked and rechecked the pin position, and had two others verify...IT IS IN SLOT #46. Have done all the trouble shooting with Nick and we are at a loss!!

The switch is not changing to the different tunes. Have checked the Ohms through the switch and they match EFI's perfectly! Even checked to the opposite side if the harness, the part that actually connects to the ecm and all is great. Have abandoned the ground to the harness and attached to the hood ground... IT IS GROUNDED! Connect with efi scan tool software and do a real time logging and/or moniter of the E35 PID (DSP 5 switch voltage) and it stays constant at 4.68 volts... no movement when the switch position is moved. Even pulled the switch and checked the the thoothed washer and verified it is in position #5 when the switch is full counterclockwise.

At a loss and not sure what to do. Anyone with any ideas, please email me at dwilliams@gwstephens.com (easier to review) HELP

Did you do a 11-12 minute full flash ????
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Did you try the E35DSP5_M (in BBL) or E35DSP5_DMA (on laptop) to see if the tune is changing? Have you tried re-full-flashing? and/or starting from scratch and converting your stock tune to DSP5 and starting from there?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

GMC-2002-DURAMAX.... I will admit i am new to efi live.... so.... no, it doesnt seem it took that long to flash. Maybe 2 to 3 minutes if i recall correctly. Possible i messed up on the upload and flash??????????? If so, what is the correct way to reinstall at this point???????????

Lifetime Member

Hmmm I dont think you full flashed the file then if it was only 2-3mins. Thats definitely just a cal flash. But interesting if it let you do it, I dont think EFILive should let you flash a DSPx cal into a factory OS. Might be wrong, Dmax'es arent my specialty. For DSPx upgrades, you have to do a full flash to have the OS completely changed to EFILive's DSPx OS. Plug your V2 into your laptop (with the tune file NOT open), then open the tune file. Hook it up to your truck, key in ACC, then click the BIG RED arrow to full flash the tune. It will ask you to confirm it at least twice, maybe more. Then you should be good to go.

If you have indeed full flashed the tune, then Im at a loss. Revert back to your stock tune, repeat the above procedure except open the stock tune (not DSPx) and full flash it back.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Full Flash Icon it the "Bolder" red down arrow.

You would have had to convert the tune to DSP5 and then populate the DSP1-DSP4 tables with the changes as you would the main tables.

Save the tune and then full flash the ecm, it will take 11-12 minutes for a full LBZ/LMM flash.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Problem solved!!! I DID NOT do the full flash!! I apologize for inquiring about something when I did not follow instructions correctly!! LOL Thanks for the comments, they got me on the right track and helped me resolve my issue! BTW... truck is running awsome!! EFILive kicks butt!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DWILPAT View Post
    Problem solved!!! I DID NOT do the full flash!! I apologize for inquiring about something when I did not follow instructions correctly!! LOL Thanks for the comments, they got me on the right track and helped me resolve my issue! BTW... truck is running awsome!! EFILive kicks butt!!!
    No prob man, glad thats all it was! If your ECM had bricked itself or done something weird it'd be a lot harder than a 15min flash.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.