Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Bark

Default Turbo Bark

Is there any way to tune out the "turbo bark" that is associated with letting off the pedal? I am running a mild 50hp tune that gets good fuel milage and doesn't over load the tranny, and provides me a nice powerband but the turbo bark is driving me nuts and I know that its not healthy for the turbo. I am not new to EFI Live but I am new being on the tuning modifications aspect of the table. Any help would be great!! Thx!!
    2005 Silverado 4x4 Duramax DSP2
    4 inch straight exhaust, fuel rail shim kit, PVC re-route kit, modded intake horn, and air bag kit for towing.

1999 Camaro LS1 6 speed, torquer 3 cam, LS6 intake, MAF delete, and M9 rear w/ 4:10's.

If you're willing to post the tune, there are quite a few of us here that will take a look to see if anything looks out of place...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

50hp open idle V4.tun

Here is my current tune. Any advise would be great. Thx guys.
    4 inch straight exhaust, fuel rail shim kit, PVC re-route kit, modded intake horn, and air bag kit for towing.

1999 Camaro LS1 6 speed, torquer 3 cam, LS6 intake, MAF delete, and M9 rear w/ 4:10's.

Give this a try...Open the tune and click on "History" to see what tables were changed...More adjustments can be made...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Thx for the help!!

Do you still have the turbo bark?

No I took the tune that you sent me and tweaked it some more and the truck runs great now!! Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMDuramax View Post
    No I took the tune that you sent me and tweaked it some more and the truck runs great now!! Thanks again!!

Do you know what specifically was causing the bark, or what changes you made specifically that stopped it? Thanks!
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

I'm guessing A0101...

Yes, it was the desired boost and the target vane position tables that I messed with. I had to smooth out the vane position table cause it was too aggressive!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast