Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Light

Default Security Light

First off i would like to say that i just got EFI Live and am a noob,LOL, so bear with me.

Last night i connected it and did some tinkering with it. I pulled the tune that is on it, and logged some at idle, since i have a misfire on 3 and 5. I went into DVT and did some of those things figuring i couldn't hurt anything at this point in the game.

My problem is now that i have done some tickering, my security light is on and won't go off. Also, I tried to do a case relearn but it says that there is an error?

1. Did i mess something up and now my security light is on?
    2. Is there a trick to do the case relearn? I did it with the key on, engine off.

If you could look at this log at idle, does anyone see anything out of the ordinary. At times i revved it.

Thanks for any and all help that you can give.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ZR2_350; July 10th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.

Scanning/logging won't cause the security light to come on...

in your log I see there are some Uxxxx DTC's indicating communication problems with the BCM.

When you tried to do a CASE relearn, what error did it say...?

What vehicle/year/model...?

Hey joecar, i've lurked around here and have seen some of your informative posts, thanks for replying. I wouldn't think that the security light was caused by me, but thought i'd toss it out there just in case. It might be because i have a low battery. who knows, but not all that concerned with it at the moment.

It's a 2001 S10 ZR2 with a 5.7 4L60E.

From what i understand the computer was tuned keeping the stock S10 electronics, and replacing the fuel/injectors and some other things. I could post the whole tune up so you could look at that if needed. Everything was going good for about 4k miles until the dreaded day.

I see that i have a -8.8 INJDC and when i revved it up, it would go to 0.0.. Does that mean that the Air/fuel is almost perfect?

I was playing around with some of the DVT's and turned off No.3 -5 cylinders with a noticeable miss, not so much when i turned off 5. I guess since i replaced plugs and wires, it might be the poppet injectors. Is there a way to log those individually?

Thanks.

Sorry, i meant to say LTFT @ -8.6 not INJDC%

My security light will stay on if I am using the radio and have the key pulled out a little.
    I do this to keep the alarm from going off while the door is open and the key is in the ignition.
    Make sure the key is fully seated/pushed into the cylinder.

The high LTFTs correlate with high IBPW, so I would assume you need to reduce MAF or VE.
    Did you take this log after filling the gas tank?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I see LTFT -8.6% flat constant at idle... CL is removing some fuel due to these reasons:
    - MAF and/or VE calculating airmass high (in turn causing fuelmass to be high to meet AFR),
    - extra fuel being introduced (any number of reasons: rail pressure too high, leaky injectors).

mr.prick has a good point about cold fuel vs hot fuel.

-8.6% isn't too bad, you could fix it by applying this to the idle portion of the MAF and/or VE table and see if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by joecar; July 11th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

The injectors don't have individual pids to log.

Log the misfire pids to see if the PCM sees misfires.

If you see an error when trying to do a CASE relearn, take note of the error, it may be something simple to correct...

the CASE relearn "calibrates" the misfire algorithm, this may help you diagnose any misfire you're having.

Check that plug wires are on the plugs and coils correctly (all the way on).

How severe is the misfire, what do the misfire pids indicate, what do you observe (when looking at engine) and feel (when driving)...?

You can also try this:
    - check spark using something like KD2756, want to see a big spark;
    - ohm the plug wires from the suspect cylinders, and compare with good cylinders;
    - swap coils;
    - swap injectors;
    - block kit test (checks for presence of combustion gases in cooling system);
    - compression and leakdown tests;

Is coolant level staying the same (over a long period of time)...?

Your log file shows:
    U1000 Class 2 data link (not current, but history)
    U1041 Lost comms with ABS (from airbag/SDM)
    U1096 Lost comms with DIC (from airbag/SDM)
    U1064 Lost comms with BCM (from airbag/SDM)

The SDM module is the common complainer... try some things:
    - check that the other 3 modules (ABS, DIC, BCM) are working ok;
    - check serial bus connection to SDM;
    - disconnect SDM (observe airbag cautions/warnings);

The security light is controlled by the BCM, so it isn't happy about something.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    How severe is the misfire, what do the misfire pids indicate, what do you observe (when looking at engine) and feel (when driving)...?

You can also try this:
    - check spark using something like KD2756, want to see a big spark;
    - ohm the plug wires from the suspect cylinders, and compare with good cylinders;
    - swap coils;
    - swap injectors;
    - block kit test (checks for presence of combustion gases in cooling system);
    - compression and leakdown tests;

Is coolant level staying the same (over a long period of time)...?
    Everything appears to be normal as far as coolant levels and heating ability. I bought new plugs and wires. It shakes and has a noticable bad idle quality. Since the blinking MIL light i do not drive it so i can't tell you what it's like while driving. Very rough idle though.

I can't swap coils, one coil for all, can't swap injectors as it has the spider assembly GM decided to think was cool.

I will try the suggestions and see where it gets me.

Thanks..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast