Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate to be a PIA but same problem?

Lifetime Member

Default I hate to be a PIA but same problem?

I have all the updates I believe. I have a 1998 S10 with the Ln2 4 cylinder. Yesterday morning I flashed to the pcm fine. 4 hours later it says it cant read my pcm and it says my os number is for a 1997 camaro. Same problem I had last week. Paul (blacky) had me install the pre release update and I did. Everything was fine for 4 or 5 days. I tried all the quick fixes ,restarted my computer , cycle my key.Doesnt help. Plus I have to disconnect my battery to get it to start running again after the failed flash attempt causes the truck to run but then stall 3 seconds later. Anymore suggestions. thanks.

Did you have any attempted engine start that didn't fire up (i.e. engine bump over)...? If you do this and you don't turn the key back to off, this will initiate the BCM-PCM security relearn, and requires 3 interations of 10 minutes each... is this what you're seeing...?

Lifetime Member

Yes joe come to think of it I had a failed start . And I probably didnt turn the key to the off position. The security light was on also. But after I disconnect the battery for 30 seconds the truck will start up again. But I still cant read to my pcm. Thanks

Lifetime Member

What do you mean by the 3 interations of 10 minsutes each?

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    What do you mean by the 3 interations of 10 minsutes each?
    Once the security relearn is initiated (bumping engine without letting it start), the security light goes on for about 10 minutes and then flashes and/or turns off, this is one complete iteration...

the BCM requires a total of 3 iterations (bump, 10 minutes, bump, 10 minutes, bump, 10 minutes) before it finalizes the relearn, and then it allows engine start.

On the first engine bump (an unintentional bump since you were trying to start engine), you can abort the relearn initiation by cycling the key to off before attempting another engine start... once relearn is initiated, the BCM will not allow engine start until 3 iterations have completed.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    it says it cant read my pcm and it says my os number is for a 1997 camaro. Same problem I had last week.
    Can you find the relevant *.blx file (as per this page: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...111&Itemid=121)
    Send it to me at paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Should I perform a full reflash of the pcm calibration. This is what the program is saying I might need to do, so that efi live can generate its own unique serial number. It is unable to read my number.

Lifetime Member

Also the date on my firmware says may 3, 2010 is this correct?

There are/were many versions releaed as 2.06.35 during beta (so they could be downgraded if required). The latest release of the 2.06.35 firmware is 30 June 2010 which was included in the 05 July pre-release.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

So then my firmware date is incorrect then? It says may 3 2010 . It should read June 30 2010.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast