Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't Load a File

Sorry gentlemen, I'm not a computer expert but I'm trying to help with what so ever knowledge I have.

L31Sleeper,

I downloaded your file (tun & ctd) and I got the same problem. However, I tweaked EFILIVE to force open the ctd file and here is what I got (Checksum error), there is something fishy with your files but I could correct it.

It is better to wait for an advice from software engineer instead of putting your ECM at risk

Kindly see the attached files to get an idea of you ctd files issue

Tuned Luck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	246 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	8545

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	238 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	8544

Name:	4.PNG 
Views:	267 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	8546
    Last edited by Abdulla; July 15th, 2010 at 05:00 AM.
    In tuning you don't understand things, you just get used to them

- 2008 C6-Z51, LS3, Edelbrock E-force SC, Methanol Injection, ZR1 camshaft, B&B catback-R66
    - 2005 Tahoe-Z71, LM7, Bank's CAI, Eaton E-lockers, Rancho 9000 Shocks
    - 1996 Nissan Patrol, LT1 355 home built corvette engine, H&C, valve train upgrade, cloye's HD chain, Elec water pump, MCleod twin clutch, 3" headers & pipe work
    http://forum.efilive.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10859&dateline=127922  8842

Interesting.

Lifetime Member

I thought I might have a Virus that is why I bought Norton. But Andrew says the same thing is
    happening with a bone stock LMM file.

Yeah the LBZ/LMM ECM calibrations are merged with a pre or post image to make a complete file. There was an error with this, which was subsequently resolved. It seems like something has been reintroduced. I expect it will be a simple resolution (it was working previously).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

L31Sleeper,

I sent you an email for how maybe this get resolved, it might be laying in your junk folder.

- 2008 C6-Z51, LS3, Edelbrock E-force SC, Methanol Injection, ZR1 camshaft, B&B catback-R66
    - 1996 Nissan Patrol, LT1 355 home built corvette engine, H&C, valve train upgrade, cloye's HD chain, Elec water pump, MCleod twin clutch, 3" headers & pipe work
    http://forum.efilive.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10859&dateline=127922  8842

I would recommend waiting for the correct fix to be implemented. While a "workaround" may be possible doing anything outside of the regular meansy cause you issue which we are not able to resolve for you. Also, the .ctd format for the LBZ/LMM is not strictly a requirement as support is not yet released for BBF.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I expect it will be a simple resolution
    It is

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I would recommend waiting for the correct fix to be implemented. While a "workaround" may be possible doing anything outside of the regular meansy cause you issue which we are not able to resolve for you. Also, the .ctd format for the LBZ/LMM is not strictly a requirement as support is not yet released for BBF.
    I do agree

Lifetime Member

Is there any way to tell if the .TUN file will be safe to flash on the truck, with the laptop?
    I don't NEED the BBF feature, just thought it would be cool.

Copied it from EFILIVE manual (page.42)-press F1 on EFILIVE tune tool screen-:

"Segments:
    Displays the eight PCM segment part numbers (values that identify the factory calibration) and their correct checksum as calculated by EFILive. If the checksum calculated by EFILive is different to the checksum in the calibration file, then a red cross is displayed next to the segment name. For safety reasons, *.tun and *.bin files that have one or more incorrect checksums, cannot be flashed in to the PCM. "

+2007 LMM has a feature to keep history of altered calibration of stock tune, when you try to modify that tune it calculates GM calibration number, if not matching (due to modified calibration) you will get checksum error.

This means your (tun & ctd) files may have checksum error, so don't flash the ECM until it get corrected or verified by EFILIVE that it is safe to do so.

Name:	cs.PNG 
Views:	261 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	8551

Lifetime Member

Don't flash the ECM until it get corrected or verified by EFILIVE that it is safe to do so.
    How do I do that ?

When I load the *.Tun file I don't see a checksum error ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast