Thread: E37 4.3L tune

Default E37 4.3L tune

I would like to see a stock tune to compare it to the LS1B.
    Does anyone have one to share?

Thanks,
    Lennart
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Sure thing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

cool! I thought I remembered Ross saying that the "next-gen" 4.3 (with drive by wire, coil packs, port fuel injection) had some hitachi ECM and was not going to be supported??? Glad to see that it is supported. Ive been wanting to try some things with running 4.3 fuel injection on a different engine but never could figure out how to retrofit it in the past due to the unique old spider injection setup...interesting...
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Nope, he was talking about the E37 when he mentioned this, but EFILive then asked workshops and the forum if it would be worthwhile development hours. The answer was yes, so here we go!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks Ross.
    I like the tables to tweak the injectors. Will this ECM run stand alone? I see boost is supported, currently playing with the idea to use this ECM for my inline 6 project....
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Ive been wanting to try some things with running 4.3 fuel injection on a different engine but never could figure out how to retrofit it in the past due to the unique old spider injection setup...interesting...
    I think the E37 will only accept a 58x crank signal.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Nope, he was talking about the E37 when he mentioned this, but EFILive then asked workshops and the forum if it would be worthwhile development hours. The answer was yes, so here we go!
    Actually the other way around, we were asked by a number of shops to support the E37. On top of that we wanted to see what sort of interest there was from the forum users too. That actually prompted me to finally finish it off, looking back over the E37 bootloaders for reading and writing I had finished them off back in mid 2009
    By the way, E37's are dirt cheap, we bought 8 of them for development (figuring a few are usually killed during development) for $4.95 ea!! Good old Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
    Thanks Ross.
    I like the tables to tweak the injectors. Will this ECM run stand alone? I see boost is supported, currently playing with the idea to use this ECM for my inline 6 project....
    In reality you could probably use an E37, E38 or E67 for a 6 cyl conversion, every one of those ECM's from GM has been used on a V6 of some sort. Or in the case of the E67, the Trailblazer In-Line 6 LL8! That would be the best bet, an E67 with the Trailblazer LL8 tune.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    In reality you could probably use an E37, E38 or E67 for a 6 cyl conversion, every one of those ECM's from GM has been used on a V6 of some sort. Or in the case of the E67, the Trailblazer In-Line 6 LL8! That would be the best bet, an E67 with the Trailblazer LL8 tune.
    You wouldn`t happen to have one like that as well?! Looked all over the place but it has not been posted. Could I do a full flash on any E67 or does it have to come from an LL8?
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Lifetime Member

E67 + 08-09 TrailBlazer/Envoy LL8 4.2L I6 tune would be your best bet, Ive recommended this combo to a few people running other I6s.

Should be able to full flash it no prob.

Thought I had an 08 E67 LL8 tune file at home, but when I checked a few weeks back I couldnt find it. Ill look again for ya.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    By the way, E37's are dirt cheap, we bought 8 of them for development (figuring a few are usually killed during development) for $4.95 ea!! Good old Ebay.
    Cheers,
    Ross
    $4.95 each? Where was that from? Only E37 I could find was $95.