Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calibration Missing

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...111&Itemid=121
    Send the relevant *.blx files to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I've just recently sent across the ones I requested (a couple of posts back) that are from today.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Is your file in .tun or .ctd format? You're not getting an error like in this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-t-Load-a-File) are you? You should be able to email me the calibration (even if it is corrupt)?
    The files I tried flash scan, to include the stock, are all *.tun. No, I have not seen this type of message to this point.
    2007 Chevy 2500 HD Classic LT3 Duramax LBZ, Blue Granite.
    MagnaFlow 4" turbo back exhaust, Diamond Eye turbo direct pipe, EGR Block plate, Transgo Jr
    Banks Turbo Ram Intake with Super Scoop. Air Dog Lift Pump. EFI Live. Banks Techni-Cooler. Amsoil Bypass Filtration System.
    Buckstop Front and Rear bumpers. Cognito leveling kit, Rite Air Helper Rear Spring Kit. Rancho RS9000XL Shocks.

ScrmnEagle

After looking at the blx files they all show the same problem. The ECM refuses to go into programming mode. At this stage, I don't know why.
    I am in the process of uploading a new software version that contains new LBZ/LMM BBF flashing options. Those options can be used to reflash an LBZ or LMM engine controller using the FlashScan device in standalone mode.
    It would be worth trying the new standalone BBF options to reflash your truck. That will help rule in/out a problem with the V7.5 re-flashing software.

Once the new release is available I can help you set up the BBF options. It should be ready in the next 24 hours.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul. Thought I fried the ECM. Look forward to the updated version.
    2007 Chevy 2500 HD Classic LT3 Duramax LBZ, Blue Granite.
    MagnaFlow 4" turbo back exhaust, Diamond Eye turbo direct pipe, EGR Block plate, Transgo Jr
    Banks Turbo Ram Intake with Super Scoop. Air Dog Lift Pump. EFI Live. Banks Techni-Cooler. Amsoil Bypass Filtration System.
    Buckstop Front and Rear bumpers. Cognito leveling kit, Rite Air Helper Rear Spring Kit. Rancho RS9000XL Shocks.

ScrmnEagle

I think we are talking the same problem truck here.
    This was the one with a standard (non DSP) calibration flashed in to a DSP5 OS?
    If yes, I looked over the DSP5 code this morning and I think if you just move your switch back to the position that uses the factory (non DSP) maps then the ECM might actually work correctly again. If that works then flash back in a DSP5 calibration and everything should be happy again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    ...The ECM refuses to go into programming mode. At this stage, I don't know why.
    can bus voltage do this?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    can bus voltage do this?
    Over/under voltage on the CAN bus will cause problems but I don't think it would cause this particular problem.
    Other CAN messages are being transmitted ok so the CAN bus is working correctly, only the programming messages are failing.

Regards
    Paul

I have been having this same issue. Twice in the last week. It will allow me to access and clear codes with my V2 but I can't read, log, or flash. I did find the last time I had it happen that I could flash a previous tune after I cleared the codes.

I haven't updated in 6 months but it seems the above problem occurs with the latest release as well.
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

A very similar thing happened to me today. I upgraded to the latest version of EFIlive, and when i went to connect to a truck, it stated PCM not detected. I know for sure i was able to connect to the truck before. I will try tomorrow with the old version of EFILive and see what happends.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast