Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launch control

Default Launch control

Looking to implement launch control in e38 is this possible can someone send me a file with 2010 c6 parameters.

Thanks

Tom

Lifetime Member

Launch control outside of a C6?

Torque can be limited per rpm point, but launch control needs ABS/EBC to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Launch control outside of a C6?

Torque can be limited per rpm point, but launch control needs ABS/EBC to work.
    How can I control the ABS/EBC my car has these options where in the software?

Thanks for the reply

Tom

Lifetime Member

What car?

What car?
    06 C6 e38 computer coupe.

Thanks

Tom

Lifetime Member

Unfortunately launch control is a function that has been built into the 2010 operating systems for Vette and Camaro (and others) and it works hand in hand with the ABS/EBC/ESP controller for that year. IIRC the '10 OS also works with the 09 ABS controller, but the 08 & earlier ABS/EBC controllers dont support launch control.

Unfortunately launch control is a function that has been built into the 2010 operating systems for Vette and Camaro (and others) and it works hand in hand with the ABS/EBC/ESP controller for that year. IIRC the '10 OS also works with the 09 ABS controller, but the 08 & earlier ABS/EBC controllers dont support launch control.
    Thanks for the help, I have some decisions now. I have an 06 c6 with an sts turbo and having problems getting good starts at the drag strip.

Tom

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by thomasldavies View Post
    Thanks for the help, I have some decisions now. I have an 06 c6 with an sts turbo and having problems getting good starts at the drag strip.

Tom
    You could try torque limiting. This will limit throttle to whatever torque you calibrate for at the respective rpm. Not quite launch control, but it does help prevent wild wheel spin.

Though if you have a manual not sure whether the ECM figures which gear you are in and you can select TQ level per gear like an auto.

You could try torque limiting. This will limit throttle to whatever torque you calibrate for at the respective rpm. Not quite launch control, but it does help prevent wild wheel spin.

Though if you have a manual not sure whether the ECM figures which gear you are in and you can select TQ level per gear like an auto.

Thanks, how do you control the level in which the torque control comes on? I would love to have the car use the braking system instead of throttle as it does with active handling. This would keep the boost up, reducing the throttle would be ok if I can moderate it. I am just learning the software and have had a hard time finding a good tuner in my area who knows it. Time for school maybe.

Thanks again

Tom

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by thomasldavies View Post
    Thanks, how do you control the level in which the torque control comes on? I would love to have the car use the braking system instead of throttle as it does with active handling. This would keep the boost up, reducing the throttle would be ok if I can moderate it. I am just learning the software and have had a hard time finding a good tuner in my area who knows it. Time for school maybe.

Thanks again

Tom
    If you look at parameter B2514 you will see that torque is simply limited at rpm points. i.e you want 200Nm at 2000rpm, then that is all you will get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast