Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyway to fool 411 PCM into thinking its connected to 4L60E for TCC operation?

I have the p/n position input being grounded by my shift lever switch and PID PRND shows P and D4 when selected. Also TCC brake is connected and shows depressed and released with the brake pedal. C1-72 anD C2-62 are shown on my drawing as gong to the PRND switch? Manual valve pressure switch are unconnected but the gear PID show trans in 2nd so I modded the tables for a 2nd gear lockup....?

See post #12: 4L60E-Reference-Material

The 700R4 may should have pressure switches for 3rd and 4th... if you combine logic for these and the 1-2 and 2-3 solenoid signals you might be able to provide signals for the manual valve pressure switches.

Ok I was thinking it was the gear selector input that was refered to as range. How do I fool the PCM into thinking it is hooked to the manual valve presure switches? Can I ground on pin and it will thnk its in 4th gear?

I do have a 4th gear switch that is already routed to the tcc connector on the trans. can I feed this into the PCM? what combo of pins need to see ground to indicate 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by slow89irocz View Post
    I have the p/n position input being grounded by my shift lever switch and PID PRND shows P and D4 when selected. Also TCC brake is connected and shows depressed and released with the brake pedal. C1-72 anD C2-62 are shown on my drawing as gong to the PRND switch? Manual valve pressure switch are unconnected but the gear PID show trans in 2nd so I modded the tables for a 2nd gear lockup....?
    The P/N position input can be seen in the pid TSTATE00.

The pid PRND shows the switch states from the manual valve pressure switches... when you select Drive, the pid PRND shows D4 because this is what the NRP pins default to (N=off, R=on, P=off -> D4 since the D2 and D3 switches are N.C. while the others are N.O.)

Also is there a patch for the tuning software that can add the tcc lockup temperature tables so I can get rid of the resistor?

ok i am really getting confused here....

Ok I was thinking it was the gear selector input that was refered to as range. How do I fool the PCM into thinking it is hooked to the manual valve presure switches? Can I ground on pin and it will thnk its in 4th gear?
    You can try it, but the PCM may then throw range error DTC's in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

I do have a 4th gear switch that is already routed to the tcc connector on the trans. can I feed this into the PCM? what combo of pins need to see ground to indicate 4th?
    Give me a few minutes...

Also is there a patch for the tuning software that can add the tcc lockup temperature tables so I can get rid of the resistor?
    No patch... and the TCC temperature tables are undiscovered.

ok thanks for checking on the patch..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast