Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3000 RPM max and setting codes 03 Z06 with Magnuson at 150kPa

I know what you mean. I dont know enough about US cars to help you there. Is that a cable or electronic TB?
    The Tremor at AIR

Also, have you made sure traction control is turned off.
    The Tremor at AIR

I did change the timing a bit after the log and tune file that I posted. See new files attached. The A/F is rich 11.94 but not rich enough to do any more than foul the plugs and blow black smoke. At that A/F it may not be in the window for best power but it will work for where I am at with the car. Now the timing. I pulled all the boost timing reduction out of the Boost Timing Table (all 0's) and the Main Spark Table is 12/14 Deg but the logged Spark is under 5 Deg as long as the engine is at WOT. Something is pulling timing in a big way!

For wideband I am using an Innovate LM-1 connected serial with EFI Live and am verifying with the Autronic on my Dyno Dynamics dyno.

The TB is electronic on this car.

I am puzzled by the whole scaling injector and VE tables if this is what you mean by scaling in one of your earlier posts. Why all the buzz about injector calibrating, etc. And where is the line that you need to start scaling these tables.Supercharged_03_z06_July252010_0021.efiCorvette_2003_Z06_Cal_25July2010_COS_Post(2).tun

There are a few tables pulling timing. It is best to just do a pull on the dyno with the spark EST pids logged to see where the culprits are. Make sure you log burst knock, torque reduction, traction control retard etc. (keeping your channels under 24)
    Scaling is necessary once airflow exceeds 512 G/SEC as this is a hard limit in the PCM. The only way around this is to scale the injectors, ve table & maf table(if still using the maf) Then there is all the tables that rely on the airflow/airmass calculations that need addressing as well.
    Also you need to fix the out of range values A0001 & 2. set these to 99.Save & close the file. reopen the file, change back to 100 & save again.
    The Tremor at AIR

Would setting B6607,8 to zero help...?

It seems that traction control is going into extreme mode and causing brakes to be applied.

Lifetime Member

IAT vs spark table might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Also you need to fix the out of range values A0001 & 2. set these to 99.Save & close the file. reopen the file, change back to 100 & save again.
    Also tables A0012 and A0013, the blue dogear corners mean they are out-of-range (OOR).

Do exactly what 5.7ute said before continuing: set all OOR cells to 99, save file, exit program, restart program, set to all those cells to 100, save file.

[ the tunetool displays the closer of min or max value when a cell is OOR;
    the tunetool saves a file only if there are changes, and it bases this on the displayed values;
    so if the cell is OOR and you enter min or max, then the tunetool sees no change, so it does not save the change;
    so you have to follow that specific sequence to correct OOR cells. ]

Thanks guys!

This is a fun one!

Yes, I ensure Traction Control is off. I have specifically been watching the dash and it seems as though when you press the Traction Control Button it will turn off and on however when it hits 150kPa during a run it turns it back on.

Looking through the EST PIDS I see an EST - Brake Torque Management Spark Retard {EST_BTM_DMA} what drives this? Is there literature that explains what PID is affected by which table(s).

What specific PID's would you suggest logging?

When you reach the air flow max should you scale the entire VE, Air and Injector Tables or is it OK to scale from just under where the max was reached and beyond. This way if you had some tuning done down low you don't have to redo. For example I had done a first pass on the lower part of the Main VE Table such that they were within 3% or so it would be nice not to lose that.

Makes sense on the OOR. On the second post I have reduced any OOR variables by 1 to eliminate the OOR error. Now will turn these all back to max values.

You must rescale the whole table.
    Since you are scaling both IFR & cylinder airmass estimation(VE) by the same amount, you should not need to readdress areas already tuned in the VE table since the final pulsewidth calculation will be the same.
    What you do need to be careful of however is that torque estimation, which is calculated from cylinder airmass will be affected. As will any table that uses cylinder airmass or airflow on its axis. eg Timing tables.
    The Tremor at AIR

from what I can see from a quick glance at 3000 rpm your commanded AFR may be 11.94, but your WO2AFR is showing 9.46. A lot richer than you are assuming you are running. Spark wise,depending which spark table you are running off (high or low) you are only commanding 12*-13* of spark, then you have KR -1.8*, Burst knock -4.5*, IAT spark -4*, boost timing table -13* to -15* ending up with a final spark of around -9.5* as shown in your log. just my 2 cents.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast