Thread: Vane Positon Question

Default Vane Positon Question

Hey guys,
    Tuning an LLY for a freind of mine. Got it running great and just going back to do some minor touch ups like dialing in the vane tables and such, but I do have one question.

Is it normal/possible that if I'm commanding 26-28psi of boost on his stock turbo that I should see vane positions as high as 86% in my map...at higher rpm's?

It's running fine and not barking at all but I just wonder if this is accurate... The other reason I ask is because the boost pressure PID is reading low, but maybe a glitch from logging too many channels?

Thanks
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Lifetime Member

really depends on how much fuel you are putting through the cylinders to make the heat to drive the turbo.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Yeah, but I guess what my concern is, is if anyone else has seen #'s like this in their logs and/or used those actual numbers in the vane tables when "dialing" in the vanes? I mean I guess it's safe otherwise the truck wouldn't be running so well.

I figure it's about 400 rwhp or a touch less, and I'm only commaning 26-27psi of boost (actual). My boost pressure PID doesn't show that I'm making anywhere near that even though the truck runs great, so I'm not sure if that's a glitch or not. At 3,000 rpms and 120 mm3 of fuel it's showing 30psi map pressure, which is only 16psi actual boost... I know it's running better than that, but he also has 32 channels selected so that's why I was thinking maybe a glitch.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com