Thread: I have a few Q's about logging.

Default I have a few Q's about logging.

First of all I did a search and did not find what I was looking for, Right now I'm having my lap top fixed and the only way I can log is through the black box logging feature, I want to know what the minimum scan rate I should use to set up the black box for while logging data for the Auto VE procedure? The reason why I ask is that I want to lengthen my black box logging time as long as possible without losing any important information that I may loose from a slower scan time, or I was also wondering if I may take multiple scanned logs and combine the information somehow so that I may for say take 20min from one day, 25 min from another day and so on and combine all the information at the same time into my auto VE Histogram? That seems it would be so much easier than driving for say an hour or more trying to get a 50 count per cell or more, especially when you have no where you need to go but you need to develop a VE table. Thanx in advance.
    Black 01 M6 SS: Full intake,port matched LS6 intake, AFR 205\'s Heads,TR224 cam, QTP LT\'s W/ORY,elec cutout, SLP DD catback, ASP pully,Flashscan/LC-1 Wide band, BMR Suspension. 416.2 RWHP 403.2 RWTQ (all motor)the last time I checked.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

5 frames per second is about as low as you would want to go. That will give you about an hour of data logging.

Currently there is no tool to merge multiple log files. That feature will be implemented in a future release.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    5 frames per second is about as low as you would want to go. That will give you about an hour of data logging.

Currently there is no tool to merge multiple log files. That feature will be implemented in a future release.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanx for your help, I will try the 200ms delay setting between frames or five frames a sec the way I see It, that gives me 47.38 min of logging.
    Black 01 M6 SS: Full intake,port matched LS6 intake, AFR 205\'s Heads,TR224 cam, QTP LT\'s W/ORY,elec cutout, SLP DD catback, ASP pully,Flashscan/LC-1 Wide band, BMR Suspension. 416.2 RWHP 403.2 RWTQ (all motor)the last time I checked.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmaknSS
    that gives me 47.38 min of logging.
    In dynamic mode, the "guesstimate" by EFILive is conservative, you should get a few minutes more than that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.