Thread: V5 to V6 update using Autotap ATI V2 link

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dear EFILive Team,

I am using the USB Autotap OBD II Diagnostic Scanner that came with the EFILive Software program. In the Software Registration Certificate instructions, I simply need to enter the registration key to activate AutoTap and EFILive software. My Software Registration Key : B1176CL7R82D, is not recognized by the EFILive Software. AutoTap Hardware Interface Serial Number: 0050263041. Please help.

Regards,

Bash

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bashturbo View Post
    Dear EFILive Team,

I am using the USB Autotap OBD II Diagnostic Scanner that came with the EFILive Software program. In the Software Registration Certificate instructions, I simply need to enter the registration key to activate AutoTap and EFILive software. My Software Registration Key : B1176CL7R82D, is not recognized by the EFILive Software. AutoTap Hardware Interface Serial Number: 0050263041. Please help.

Regards,

Bash
    That serial and registration code is for the AutoTap hardware and software, not for EFLive. The AutoTap hardware shipped with a CD containing both EFILive and AutoTap software regardless of which software combinations you purchased. If you purchased the EFILive Scan Tool option when you purchased the AutoCal hardware, then they would have also received an EFILive registration key allowing you to use the EFILive Scan Tool software. If not, then you are only registered to use the AutoTap software. The EFILive registration key will have multiple segments separated by dashes like this: ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That serial and registration code is for the AutoTap hardware and software, not for EFLive. The AutoTap hardware shipped with a CD containing both EFILive and AutoTap software regardless of which software combinations you purchased. If you purchased the EFILive Scan Tool option when you purchased the AutoCal hardware, then they would have also received an EFILive registration key allowing you to use the EFILive Scan Tool software. If not, then you are only registered to use the AutoTap software. The EFILive registration key will have multiple segments separated by dashes like this: ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I now think that I can't use the Autotap hardware for tuning with EFILive, only for scanning purposes or can be used but with limited features only. I now understand why it goes to the "demo" mode when I tried tuning a corvette with EFILive. I thought at first that you may be able to supply me valid registration key or updated registration key but I guess that is not the way. What do you suggest now? Thank you so much for your support.

regards,

Bash

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bashturbo View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I now think that I can't use the Autotap hardware for tuning with EFILive, only for scanning purposes or can be used but with limited features only. I now understand why it goes to the "demo" mode when I tried tuning a corvette with EFILive. I thought at first that you may be able to supply me valid registration key or updated registration key but I guess that is not the way. What do you suggest now? Thank you so much for your support.

regards,

Bash
    The AutoTap interface cable was never able to flash/program a controller, even with the EFILive software.

In the past we used to sell a Scan Only license that allowed an AutoTap owner to use the EFILive Scan Tool software with their AutoTap interface. The Scan Only license used to cost around $400 (if I recall correctly) however that type of license has not been available for many years now.

If you're interested in purchasing a FlashScan device, a Scan Only FlashScan device is $499, or a Scan and Tune FlashScan is $899.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.