Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $050B Error message

sorry i have the beta firmware in it now 2.06.36. i was getting frustrated and tried that as a last resort. when i had firmware 2.06.35 i could at least bbr but now i cant do either

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jennett_c View Post
    sorry i have the beta firmware in it now 2.06.36. i was getting frustrated and tried that as a last resort. when i had firmware 2.06.35 i could at least bbr but now i cant do either
    That should not make any difference. It should work in both those versions.

Just a couple of points to consider.
    1. There are 2 internal file systems that need to be formatted. You need to perform a format on the Data file system using the menu option on FlashScan. You also need to format the config file system using the [Format Config] button on the Config tab page of EFILive_Explorer (or on the drop-down program button in the Black Box settings option of EFILive_ScanAndTune).
    2. When formatting the data file system the progress bar will jump immediately to about 4/5ths complete, then the format is done. The progress bar does not have time to "move" because the internal data file system is so small (compared to formatting an SD Card).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Ya ive formatted both the data and config exactly as i have read on numerous other threads. so it sounds like when im formatting my flash memory its working properly they way u describe it. i wasnt sure if that was normal or not. ive tried a couple different sd cards as well but no luck

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Ok so I'm the idiot here, sorry. I should have looked up what $050B meant, instead I just assumed it meant "could not format memory".
    $050B means the script file you using is not compatible with the firmware in FlashScan.

When you install/update the firmware in FlashScan you should re-program the [Config] file system using the [Program -> All required Data] option.
    That will force all the *.obj files to get updated on FlashScan and ensure that the *obj files are compatible with the latest firmware.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have actually tried that as well a couple times now after a clean install of all the software and formatting my internal memory and my sd card. i noticed ee wont let me format my data remotely so i just do it manually on the flashscan but from what ive read this is normal as well. could it be the beta firmware? any way i could possibly revert back to 2.06.35?

hope im not dragging this out and annoying u guys but its driving me crazy. have been trying all week to get it figured out

No worries, we want to get you going...

Run the S&T program, go into Device Settings, program to FlashScan;

then go into Black Box settings, goto Tune Settings tab, select 1 engine controller that you have (say LS1B); do not select a trans controller yet; program into FlashScan;

exit S&T, try doing BBR on your LS1B vehicle, and report back.

Hey joecar i will give that a try

still no luck. it seems that the erro message pops up almost too quick haha. removed all items from the scan list and the tune list in black box settings. then picked e38 only. saved and formatted config.sys. programmed all required data (slower) tried on truck and script not supported by current firmware error

Hmmm... something is wrong.

Where are you located...?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast