Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: August 12, 2010 Pre-release

Saving a new tune for the first time comes up with an error message "access violation address 754421dc in module secur32.dll read of address 0000000c.

Also after converting to dsp and trying to save as a new name file, the tune tool is automatically closed with changes not being saved as soon as a key is touched.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Can you please ensure to begin with that you have the latest software and firmware installed?

At time of this post the latest version are:
    - 7.5.6. Build 131: http://download.efilive.com/Software....131_Setup.exe
    - 8.1.2 Build 112: http://download.efilive.com/Software....112_Setup.exe
    - FlashScan V2 firmware 2.06.40 (included in V8 download)

Please see these guides for more details on software and firmware updates:
    - Software: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...5404-IJZV-0820
    - Firmware: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7243-SFGL-2949
    Last edited by Tordne; August 27th, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Andrew, the four links above are broken (incomplete link text).

Thanks Joe, corrected now
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Hi guys,
    I just tried this update last night and had a couple of issues.

Firstly,the "update EFILive"process didn't work for V7.5. The dialog boxes came up with no text, but still seemed to respond when clicking the "OK" buttons. However after the version check, the update simply stopped. V8 seemed to work OK though.

Secondly, I downloaded the full V7.5 install and tried that way. That install seemed to go OK, but the installer still does not use all the existing registry settings for the install. In particular, it still populates the directories under "Documents and Settings\<UID>\My Documents\EFILive" even if the current registry settings point to a different location

I get the feeling that the two issues are related to me messing with the registry and changing the locations. So I think I might start from scratch and reinstall....

EDIT: Sorry guys, I probably should have posted this in the "Aug 16" update thread...... :P I upgraded to 7.5 build 130
    Last edited by swingtan; August 27th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Firstly,the "update EFILive"process didn't work for V7.5. The dialog boxes came up with no text, but still seemed to respond when clicking the "OK" buttons. However after the version check, the update simply stopped. V8 seemed to work OK though.
    Not sure what that is causing that problem. The dialog boxes are controlled by the content of the file C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive.info
    If that file is damaged or corrupt, it may lead to issues during the update version check and/or update download.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Secondly, I downloaded the full V7.5 install and tried that way. That install seemed to go OK, but the installer still does not use all the existing registry settings for the install. In particular, it still populates the directories under "Documents and Settings\<UID>\My Documents\EFILive" even if the current registry settings point to a different location
    The installer does not change registry settings other than to erase them all if you select the appropriate option on the first dialog box.
    Note: in the next update, the registry settings dialog box has had its default action reversed. Previously (up until and including build 131) selecting "Yes" (the default) would erase the registry settings and revert them to install defaults. From build 132, selecting "Yes" (the default) will retain the registry settings.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I had a look at the files and found that the *.info" file for the update was downloaded correctly, but was not placed in the directory EFILive directory that was specified in the registry, but instead the default EFILive install directory. I think the Application then lost track of it.

I did notice the change in the default registry location message box and selected "yes".

To be honest, I've messed around with this laptop a bit so a fresh install would be good. The original reason for changing the default registry settings was the 'roaming profile' on the laptop. When installing EFILive, it blew the profile limit, not to mention the resync process randomly getting the sync process wrong and wiping files you wanted. Since then I've had the roaming profile disabled so it should be OK now anyway. I'll just make sure I have a current backup before starting over.

Simon.

Still having the problems. Tried to save a tune this morning after making a bunch of changes and it instantly closeed the efi tune tool without letting me save. Lost the work. My wife left the room because of my yelling at the $!@$#@%^^& computer. Not able to do my job very well at the moment. Software was updated last night to make sure I had the latest.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder

IdahoRob,

Which build version...?

Have you tried these (from the other thread):
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....132_Setup.exe
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....113_Setup.exe

Build 131
    I'll try those, thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast