Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: August 12, 2010 Pre-release

No change with the update. May be my computer, but started after downloading the new software and nothing else on the computer is effected. I'd try on my laptop, but I need at least one computer to tune with since my main tuning computer is not working properly now. I can save the tune without renaming them and can go back and change the names once they are saved.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

I'm not seeing any similar reports from other customers. Really the only thing I could suggest you consider is uninstalling the software and performing a fresh installation (after creating a backup of course).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I had a similar problem yesterday on an LS1 COS3 tune, but I was able to save to disk. I made a few changes and selected the "save as" option and sved the tune. As soon as Tune Tool completed the save, it crashed out back to the desktop. restarting Tune Tool was OK and I could open the saved tune with no problems as well as flash it in.

As already mentioned though, my laptop has a few unique constraints around it and has not been rebooted for close on a week ( a normally "sleep" it when not in use ). It also gets used about 50/50 (time wise) with dual monitors, lots of USB connects / disconnects and changes between wireless and wired network connections. So I normally think my PC is more to blame forany issues.

Simon

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Saving a new tune for the first time comes up with an error message "access violation address 754421dc in module secur32.dll read of address 0000000c.
    Also after converting to dsp and trying to save as a new name file, the tune tool is automatically closed with changes not being saved as soon as a key is touched.
    That dll (secure32.dll) is not part of the EFILive software. It is a Microsoft supplied dll. Is it possible your computer or Windows installation has been damaged in some way?
    It is possible the EFILive software is causing that dll to fail, but since your PC is the only one (that we know of) that is having this problem it may be worth investigating you Windows installation more closely.

Regards
    paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    No change with the update. May be my computer, but started after downloading the new software and nothing else on the computer is effected. I'd try on my laptop, but I need at least one computer to tune with since my main tuning computer is not working properly now. I can save the tune without renaming them and can go back and change the names once they are saved.
    What version of secure32.dll is on your system?

Assuming you're running WinXP, can you please check the version of C:\Windows\System32\secure32.dll
    The version I have on my WinXP system here is 5.1.2600.5834

Assuming you're running Win7 can you please check the version of C:\Windows\System32\secure32.dll
    The version I have on my Win7 system here is 6.1.7600.16385

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

Always been an issue programming a 2004 CTS-V as the PCM reboots during a write. It works ok when I de-select high speed however now when using the BBF I can't get the PCM to flash properly.

No problems on any other PCM just this one. OS 12592618
    2000 Corvette Twin Turbo
    2004 CTS-V TVS 1900
    2006 TBSS TVS 1900

All Tuned by
    Rad Tunes by Troy
    aka Vetteboy2k

I think for now pull the BCM fuse or Radio fuse as a test. I think this is the model that TIS tells users to do the same thing.
    If it works in low speed this means during the flash there is a module coming back on line that kicks the bus back to low speed, thus causing the flash to abort.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Passed on the other build , but might sang this one for firmware .
    I just upgraded to Build 129 and when I go to 'Help' and then 'About' in the Scan tool it shows build 128 for Scan and 129 for OBDIIV7. Is that correct, usually they both have the same number?

Quote Originally Posted by lenco12 View Post
    I just upgraded to Build 129 and when I go to 'Help' and then 'About' in the Scan tool it shows build 128 for Scan and 129 for OBDIIV7. Is that correct, usually they both have the same number?
    They should be the same and they should be 133 - which is the latest build available here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133
    Regards
    paul

There are actually updated versions of both V7 and V8 on the main downloads page of our website (HERE).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast