Thread: LS4 2 bar sensor

Default LS4 2 bar sensor

Hi, I have a fiew dumb quesitons. This is the first attempt using efilive for a gas engine. Normally I use efilive for diesel tuning and hptuners for gas (hp is what I started with years ago, old habbits die hard), I am trying efilive for gas because of their intigrated virtual ve table and auto 2 and 3 bar virtual ve tables.
    I am working on an 07 LS4 in a Monte Carlo. I shook out all the old parts and started over. It is now a Dart billet blocked, world LS7X headed 6.6l with a GT42r turbo, still FWD. I would like to use the 2bar virtual ve tables, under 2bar should meet our Hp goals. The stupid quesiton is do I need to install a 2bar map sensor, and if so any have a plug and play part #? Do I have to ditch the MAF? The 511.99 limit will be a problem? Is there anything tricky about tuning with efilive on the 2bar ve? This is not my first forced induction LS motor, but is is my first with out a custom os available or with out a real ve table. Any advice would help.

Matt, welcome to the forum

I don't know the specifics (I'm still stuck in LS1, old habits die hard), so here's my understanding (the little that I learnt):
    you need the 2 bar sensor, I don't know the p/n, you can keep the MAF since the limit has been raised, carefully read the VVE tutorial and guide.

More info: VVE Setup Guide.

I am in the same boat a you, old habbits do die hard, espically when we have great results.