Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing calc.pids

Default Missing calc.pids

I recently downloaded V7.3 onto my laptop and then went out to my car to retrieve the pids from my PCM. None of the calc.pids now show up in the pid tab including one that I had created. I checked on my desktop PC and they are all there including the one I created. The only difference between my laptop & PC is that I hooked my laptop back up to my car after I downloaded V7.3. to retrieve data & pids. I've looked in my configuration file on my laptop for the calc.pids but they are not there. Can anyone explain why this happened and what to do about it?

Thanks

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I do not know why it has happened. But to fix the problem, you can just copy the \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User configuration\calc_pids.txt file from your desktop to your laptop.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

With the latest public release, I am getting the same problem.

Thanks Paul, I'll try doing what you said. Being new at this stuff you just sometimes feel like you're the only one having a problem and just feel like a dummy.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by VetPet
    Thanks Paul, I'll try doing what you said. Being new at this stuff you just sometimes feel like you're the only one having a problem and just feel like a dummy.

Regards,
    Tony
    Never feel like that here. We were all dummy's at one point.

Default The dreaded red X

Scan, build 314, My AutoVE PIDs, 9 out of 13 are now unsuported. I rebuilt my AutoVE PID selection file and all was good until I tried to bring it back up again. I can't fix it reading the pg. 71 area. I feeling brain dead about now maybe I just can't see it. Right click>more info, no help.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Thanks for the support bro, I guess everyone here has gone through the same growing pains. Here's what I found.

My calc_pids.txt file on my desk top PC (under My Documents\EFILive\PID) contains only the calc.pid I created (calc_bafn) in it. The PID folder that contains the pid_info.txt document file also contains all of the calc.pids as well as my calc_bafn.pid. The file size is 9KB.

My calc_pid.txt file on my laptop contains the calc_bafn.pid I created only, just like my desk top PC. Also, the PID folder containing pid_info.txt document file also contains all of the calc.pids as well as my calc.bafn pid. The file size is 9KB.

I checked both of the configuration folders under Programs\EFILive\Configuration in my desktop and laptop and none of the calc.pids appear in there. The calc.pids do appear in the sae_generic.txt document in both my desktop and laptop.

Paul, should I still copy the calc_pid.txt file from my desktop to my laptop or is there another problem?

Thanks

I am currently investigating a possible problem with DMA PIDs not validating correctly against custom operating systems. I'll post an update shortly.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I am currently investigating a possible problem with DMA PIDs not validating correctly against custom operating systems. I'll post an update shortly.
    Regards
    Paul
    There is a now a confirmed issue with validating DMA PIDs for custom operating systems.

If you are connecting to a PCM with a custom operating system you may validate the DMA_PIDs by selecting the base (stock) operating system number. Use the menu option File->Enter VIN to open a window that will allow you to enter the base OS number.

A patch will be released to fix the problem.

Regards
    Paul

A patch has been released to fix the DMA validation problem:
    http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Scroll down to see the patch, it's only about 300K.
    There is no need to re-download the full 67Mb again.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast