Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying autocal

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Oh ok, that makes alot more sense. Sorry I was just thinking about using it for mail order tuning with data logging services. Honestly the thought of selling the auto cal and the customer keeping it never crossed my mind. Thanks for clearing it up.
    Yep, there are 2 types of situations where the AC makes sense and I only thought of the mail order and selling it to a single customer at first. Then someone asked if they could send it out to a customer, get it back, send it to another customer, etc. and I thought that was a great idea! Depends on how your shop is setup, do you mostly do mail order with sending PCMs back and forth or do you sell a tune to a customer and then support it? An AC is good for both, great for the latter.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Until now customers that wanted that type of support had to buy a v2.

The cars I remotely tune I still can't use the auto cal because it wont log a WB. The ones I dont need a wb on I just either sell them another pcm or we mail it back and forth for $20. I was really looking forward tot the auto cal but it looks like it wont really help me out right now with the way its set up. It would drive the cost of my mail order tunes way up there and I would end up actually make less profit per tune.

Lifetime Member

The cars I remotely tune I still can't use the auto cal because it wont log a WB. The ones I dont need a wb on I just either sell them another pcm or we mail it back and forth for $20. I was really looking forward tot the auto cal but it looks like it wont really help me out right now with the way its set up. It would drive the cost of my mail order tunes way up there and I would end up actually make less profit per tune.
    So you already have a good system, keep doing what your doing. The autocal is a good product but it's not for everyone.
    It saves the customer the down time and if they have 4 cars/trucks that is $80 in shipping.
    Your good customers might even be willing to promote your business and pop a tune in their friend's car.
    I'm going to send one to my brother, give him a free tune in exchange for being a remote tune installer.

Oh I agree its a great system, just a little disappointed that it won't work out for me like I wanted. I am sure I will end up getting a couple to try out. I just wish the auto cal could read there stock tune out and data log a wb.

Lifetime Member

To clarify, I'm not selling them one at a time, but will be able to sell in smaller quantities to those stateside that want to avoid the shipping and customs fees.

Oh I agree its a great system, just a little disappointed that it won't work out for me like I wanted. I am sure I will end up getting a couple to try out. I just wish the auto cal could read there stock tune out and data log a wb.
    I agree, it's a great system for stock vehicle's utilizing CL & O2's. Without WB data from Supercharged, Turbocharged, Nitrous equipped vehicle's it's useless. It's better to just purchase V2 Scan Only....IDK
    Even stock vehicle's, how would you know where AFR is during WOT...Guess?
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    Without WB data from Supercharged, Turbocharged, Nitrous equipped vehicle's it's useless.
    Mail order for a 200Hp nitrous hit
    Thing is, I would say majority of tuners customers who Autocal is sent to are not the sort of people who will be fitting and wiring up a WBO2. This is no different to what any of the existing hand held tuners have been doing for the last 15 years or the existing send the PCM via post solutions, the major difference is that you can continue to work with the tuner to update the tune via Email and send logs files (minus WBO2).
    Also, keep in mind the Diesel tuners out there, WBO2 logging isn't a big deal for 99% of them.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Also, keep in mind the Diesel tuners out there, WBO2 logging isn't a big deal for 99% of them.

Cheers,
    Ross
    This is what I thought would be your primary market for Autocal as it will work perfect for them and you sell WAY more product to the diesel crowd as you do gas guys anyway. The funny thing is I haven't seen hardly any talk about the Autocals on the diesel forums I frequent...
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mail order for a 200Hp nitrous hit
    Thing is, I would say majority of tuners customers who Autocal is sent to are not the sort of people who will be fitting and wiring up a WBO2. This is no different to what any of the existing hand held tuners have been doing for the last 15 years or the existing send the PCM via post solutions, the major difference is that you can continue to work with the tuner to update the tune via Email and send logs files (minus WBO2).

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yeah Ross I understand, Diesel is were it's at. Just have to try something else I guess...
    I didn't mean to say useless either, ooops sorry, just couldn't think of the right word to write...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast