Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logging issues

Default logging issues

Im having a few issues with EFI Live. This is my first car I have tuned with a stock ECU, everything else has been a standalone so pardon my newb-ness.

Im working with an 06 Z06

Im trying to log some PIDs but they are not reading correctly. Most noticable is the engine RPM, I do a pull to 6500rpm and the log will only show ~3100rpm, MAP values are in the 50-60KPA range and would have expected those in the 85-90kpa range for the given throttle input. TPS is also reading weird, about 22% at idle and 38% at an actual throttle position of ~75%.

The 2nd issue is a delay in the logging, If I have the dashboard pulled up and charting the PIDs in "realtime" the data on the screen is a good 10seconds behind what ever the engine is doing.

Hi snax, welcome to the forum

Please post your log file.

Which build version is your EFILive software at (in scantool/tunetool do Help->About)...?

Sounds like too many PID's in the log setup. In Scan tool, under the "PID's [F8]" tab, there is a channel count "Selected Channels". What does it say?

test2.efi

Here is a log file

Thanks

Going slow with 8 pids on an E38/E67...

Check this: in scantool go Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode and select Stream-Fast.

Also (important):

Which build version is your EFILive software at (in scantool/tunetool do Help->About)...?

The next question is which firmware/boot block in your V2...?

Download/install V7 and V8 software (with V2 you need both) from here.

After installing V7 and V8, start EFILive Explorer (EE) and goto the Firmware tab and tell us what bootblock/firmware versions it says.

swingtan,

with E38/E67 how many pid channels can be logged at the fastest sample rate...?

(i.e. is it different than the LS1...?)

Im at work and dont have the V2 in front of me but i should have all of the latest software. I installed 7.5 and checked for updates. Then installed 8 and checked for updates. Ran Hapi and update the firmware and boot block on the V2. assuming I have all the latest software installed properly where should I go from here. I dont think this is an issue with the amount of PIDs im datalogging. weather its slow of not isnt so much of the issue as it not reading correctly, IE 6000RPM = 3100 in the datalog.

When you get a chance, see what your V2's firmware version is.

Ill post up all the version info in about 1.5hrs when I get to the shop!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Going slow with 8 pids on an E38/E67...

Check this: in scantool go Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode and select Stream-Fast.

Also (important):

The next question is which firmware/boot block in your V2...?

Download/install V7 and V8 software (with V2 you need both) from here.

After installing V7 and V8, start EFILive Explorer (EE) and goto the Firmware tab and tell us what bootblock/firmware versions it says.

Given this looks like a pass through log ( logged on the laptop ), then for the E38/E67 the "Scan Mode" should be "Dynamic". I've used this since the E38 was first supported and running anything other than Dynamic caused issues.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    swingtan,

with E38/E67 how many pid channels can be logged at the fastest sample rate...?

(i.e. is it different than the LS1...?)
    Lots! Even more with an auto. Each CAN Bus module will do 42 channels ( going by the BBL config widow is S&T ). So in an Auto, you can do 84 channels. What's even better, it that many of the Engine PIDs are available in the TCM, meaning you can log more than 42 "ECM" channels in an auto. The log files get very, very large though as the frame rate is faster with these controllers, 4 times more. I saw a 2 hour log from a guy here in Melb that was 25MB in size......

Simon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast