Thread: Autocal linking

Lifetime Member

Default Autocal linking

Once the Autocal is linked to the V2 does it also acquire the vin licenses from the V2 as well as the licenses on the autocal it self?

Scenario...
    I have tuned a customers rig that is hundreds of miles away and he needs a new tune for the liftpump that he just installed. He is licensed to my V2 now and if i link the autocal to my V2 would that make him able to use my Autocal without eating up one of my licenses instead of me sending the V2?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

The VIN licenses aren't transferable between the FlashScan and AutoCal devices. So if the vehicle is already allocated a license on the V2 and you want to use the AutoCal another VIN license (on the AutoCal) will be "eaten". Are you not planning to sell the guy an AutoCal to retain so you can continue to deal with him? In that case the VIN that the AutoCal is shipped with would simply be allocated to his truck, so no additional cost really.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The VIN licenses aren't transferable between the FlashScan and AutoCal devices.
    It would be cool if they were, but if the AutoCal is used for one customer as it was intended, that shouldn't really matter.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The VIN licenses aren't transferable between the FlashScan and AutoCal devices. So if the vehicle is already allocated a license on the V2 and you want to use the AutoCal another VIN license (on the AutoCal) will be "eaten". Are you not planning to sell the guy an AutoCal to retain so you can continue to deal with him? In that case the VIN that the AutoCal is shipped with would simply be allocated to his truck, so no additional cost really.
    Yeah i wasn't planning on selling him the Autocal, because i like to have it for personal use and i have the Beta version with 3 licenses. And this will probably be the last time i tune his truck anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    It would be cool if they were, but if the AutoCal is used for one customer as it was intended, that shouldn't really matter.
    yeah it would be but i can see why it is the way it is.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME