Thread: New Compounds, Tuning Help...

Default New Compounds, Tuning Help...

I just put on a 80mm(1.32AR) over my stocker, the tuning im running runs really good when driving(even though I think Pulse is a little high). Im pushing about 40psi, smoke cleans up but can still see a haze... Now for the problem, I cannot get my chargers to spool at a stop(cant even do burnout when I can do one from a 40mph roll. )

What changes do I need to make to the tuning?(chart #'s would be appreciated so I know for sure im looking at the right tables)...

Thanks ahead of time,

Justin.
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

how much smoke do you have when trying to spool? Timing, MAF based fueling and vane postion will make a big difference on the early LLY's. I've fought back and forth with an early LLY to get it to spool with a stock turbo. If you have some logs to share I will take a look and give you some ideas.
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO

I dont have any logs and I actually just sent off all the piping to get powdercoated and im not sure how long it'll take sence the guy is doing it as a favor im not going to push to get it back...

As for smoke on the line it acts weird and wont smoke at all, the second I let off the brake it starts to pumal smoke than the turbos lite than the smoke clears up quick. I have a couple tunes from SS but they are a little big for my comfort with this 80mm and stock motor...

Its almost like taking an IC boot off and trying to do a burnout... thats the best way to describe it.
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

I know this is an old post but i recently put a 475 over stock and i need help with vane position tuning. Its a lil lazy and smokey, vane position is still stock.