Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big update coming this week

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Will we now be able to compare tunes that have different operating systems?
    This is defintely going to be included in the V8 software. Be aware though that the operating systems will likely need to be 'similar' due to table numbering difference between ECM controller calibrations. For instance comparing an LBZ Duramax to an LS1 is probably not going to be too useful.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    also...I was wondering if it would be possible for the software to automatically add an internal reference tick mark/notifier to the file that was most recently flashed into an ECM? Sort of a silly trivial thing, but sometimes when I have a zillion different revisions of a single tune in my "tunes" folder I forget which one is currently loaded in the ECM. Maybe once it flashes a tune, it then puts a check mark on that file icon or something?
    Your best mecanism to manage that scenario is going to be through a diligent file naming convention on your part. The reason is that the calibration obviously doesn't have any awareness of if it has been flashing or not, let along into which ECM controller.

It might be possible to introduce (although the file format for V8 may not accommodate this) the update to the .CTD file upon a completed flash of the calibration. This might simply indicate that the calibration has been flashed, and probably all of your files would inevitably be marked like that and therefore somewhat negate to purpose I think you're after.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

DURAtotheMAX try this EFI Live Collate

Lifetime Member

If it stores the Vin for the truck, then the tick would follow the vin around if that's the last time it was flashed in to the truck with that vin. Make sense?
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer View Post
    If it stores the Vin for the truck, then the tick would follow the vin around if that's the last time it was flashed in to the truck with that vin. Make sense?
    To enable the tick then the software would need to probe the truck for the VIN (to make the match). Also, while the file auto-numbering is like 0000, 0001 etc there is now way to determine that 0000 wasn't flashed after 0000.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Probing the VIN on flash would be easy I think. If I'm not mistaken, the VIN comes across the data stream every time you flash a tune. as for tracking what was flashed last, I suspect it could be accomplished with some kind of database in the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Probing the VIN on flash would be easy I think. If I'm not mistaken, the VIN comes across the data stream every time you flash a tune. as for tracking what was flashed last, I suspect it could be accomplished with some kind of database in the software.
    The key word LOL. With a complex database you can of course do anything you like with data. The downside is that the EFILive software becomes bloated (and uses more resource on your PC) and becomes more complicated support wise. We have avoided using a "database" for anything in the V7 and V8 software pretty much for those reasons.

Paul will have a better idea than me though so I'm not putting a "no" out there necessarily.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The key word LOL. With a complex database you can of course do anything you like with data. The downside is that the EFILive software becomes bloated (and uses more resource on your PC) and becomes more complicated support wise. We have avoided using a "database" for anything in the V7 and V8 software pretty much for those reasons.

Paul will have a better idea than me though so I'm not putting a "no" out there necessarily.
    And to be honest, I figured as much . I was just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Cougar281; September 6th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Is It Time Yet?
    2015 Z06 A8

Lifetime Member

Are we there yet, are we there yet ?

"This" week has already gone by we are already into "next" week.........

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. The release that we are currently working on is not the full V8 Scan and Tune release. The only feature that we are releasing this week is the ability to do laptop based pass-through reading of VPW and CAN controllers. The release will not include any editing options. You will still need to save the tune after reading it using V8 and then edit it and flash it using the current V7.5 software.

The reason we are releasing the pass-through reading option now is to allow reading of controllers that are not able to be read using the V7.5 software. Such as the E39 and the E78.

The pass-through reading update should be ready, at the latest, by the end of this week. I don't want to release it now with some features missing and some features incomplete, so I've held it back until all the options for pass-through reading are implemented correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast