Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big update coming this week

Well, I'm excited! I am really anxious to play with the reading & writing from the V8 software, it looks really nice. I'm sure it's a tad more stable than reading/writing from V7 to boot.

P.S. No XP machines here anymore, after all of them caught a nasty virus (despite full updates, antivirus, & firewalls). Now using Windows Vista, 7, & Server 2008 R2 for months now, not a single virus or problem. Never looking back!
    Some diesels, some gassers... EFILive all the things!
    EFILive + RoadRunner = AWESOME!!!

Thanks Dave, looking at your signature I'm afraid to say the communications bus your truck uses is the cause of any instability you might encounter. This is probably why GM moved to CAN on many 2006 up cars and trucks, it's faster and doesn't crash and burn with the slightest interruption.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

At work this summer I was upgrading all the workstations to Windows 7 from XP because XP finally hit end of life cycle and no more updates from Microsoft. People complain, but Microsoft extended the deadline at least another 18mo from when they initially said they were going to end support for XP plus it's been out since Oct 2001, thats almost 9 years! Now that every new machine and most older machines have the hardware to run W7, its a no-brainer IMO. I know a lot of people love XP, and I do too, but W7 is better in every way. Except that it takes a little more RAM to run, but heck, with 4gb and 8gb in my systems, I dont care!

End rant on XP!

Im stoked for this update! Finally be able to read with V8 and play with other fun new stuff!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

"V8" has a nice ring to it...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    "V8" has a nice ring to it...
    dieselV8 has a nice rumble to it...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

What's an "end model number" ?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Thanks Dave, looking at your signature I'm afraid to say the communications bus your truck uses is the cause of any instability you might encounter. This is probably why GM moved to CAN on many 2006 up cars and trucks, it's faster and doesn't crash and burn with the slightest interruption.
    LOL, yeah, that's probably it. If I accidentally open my door when flashing, it drops to like 10% speed until it finishes. At least is doesn't crash, right?
    I'm very happy with EFILive overall, I've been able to diagnose and tune quite a few vehicles, working around things that people thought they'd have to live with forever. Not with EFILive!
    Some diesels, some gassers... EFILive all the things!
    EFILive + RoadRunner = AWESOME!!!

The week is almost over.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Knew V8 would be ground breaking , but be careful there guys and don't sink the whole place (in reference to Earthquake).
    Glad no one got hurt . :-)
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Ross this is sort of just a random question regarding the new V8 software...

Will we now be able to compare tunes that have different operating systems?

also...I was wondering if it would be possible for the software to automatically add an internal reference tick mark/notifier to the file that was most recently flashed into an ECM? Sort of a silly trivial thing, but sometimes when I have a zillion different revisions of a single tune in my "tunes" folder I forget which one is currently loaded in the ECM. Maybe once it flashes a tune, it then puts a check mark on that file icon or something?

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast