Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: help with E67 tune pontiac solstice with turbo kit

P.S. congratulations on your marriage next month man!

re: marriage.. thank you.

I have supercharged (centrifugal) more than 1 Aura (both 2.4L and 3.6L) and they all had the same MAF GM#12576410 as my SKY, ALL of which I run blow through. The trick in my case has been to have an atmospheric venting blow off valve on the S/C side of the intercooler so that the volume of the intercooler works like a pressure snubber to the MAF and throttle body.
    A lot of E67 powered engines use this same MAF and we're all boosting them.. many of which are blow through.
    While I don't at all disagree with building a custom intake manifold - at the risk of making more of a tuning nightmare than necessary - I would suggest that you maintain the following OEM details:
    1. Stock MAF as listed above.
    2. Stock Throttle body.
    3. Stock diameter intake tube ID 2.75" with 8-10 inches of 2.75" straight tube before the MAF and 4-6 inches of 2.75" after the MAF.(Before throttle body)
    GM Performance MAF bung #19166574.

Knowing the accuracy of the sensors used to define the operational range of a vehicle system is the key to a successful tune.
    Correct Injector, MAP, MAF and throttle body specs are KEY to working with the ECU rather than working against it.
    I have seen more than a few professional tunes that do nothing more than follow the lean spot through the tuning software until it seems to go away, then call that a good tune. While the end game may be the same(that day at that dyno at that altitude, etc.), I prefer to calibrate the sensors then tune to what they are telling you.
    Stick with what the ECU knows to be true and tune from there.
    Last edited by scdyne; October 12th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

Ok now I'm very confused here, I'm getting mixed messages as far as your credibility is concerned. On one hand I'm hoping you're a new resource I can learn from in terms of actual tuning. On the other hand you most definately did not supercharge a 3.6 Liter in an Aura with a cartridge style mass air flow. There was never a cart. style MAF on an epsilon based 3.6... So I'm not sure what to think here.

#1 you should already know that I'd definately need more injector right? So could you help me select and tune for the proper injector?
    #2 I agree, for now I will just stick with the stock TB and MAF, until I run out of frequency with the MAF, which I probably will. My setup will make about 380 to 400 whp at about 8 lbs of boost, my guess the stock MAF won't take care of that, and I know for sure the injectors will be looong gone before then. Thoughts on that?

Just for a visual aid, my maf, that definately isn't a cartridge style maf... and cannot be swapped in and out of piping.

OK, a little miss communication on my part. Sorry. When boosted it was using the cartridge style of MAF sensor #12576410. I'm trying to remember the wiring details and find my notes so I don't get called out again..

For the cartridge MAF #12576410
    A MAF Sig
    B ground
    C 12V+
    D Low Ref
    E IAD Sig

For the OEM MAF #2131677 <- double check these - >
    A Low Ref Black
    B IAT Sig Tan
    C Ground Black/White
    D 12V + Pink/Black
    E MAF Sig Yellow

I'm still looking for the tune so I can't say whether it was a direct transfer of table values or if it was massaged within the limits of the ECU range.
    I honestly can't remember, but if it is 0-12200Hz range of 1 or 2 tables or even a single 0 to 15000 then we may have just ran out the table flat line from 412 Grams/set @ 12200 to 15000. Heck it may have even been an Emanage hack job piggy back. let me look around some..
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    EFILive Tuned

Hrm, well I'm confused further. I guess my skepticism comes by way of protecting the hope that I have that you could actually help me tune this car for boost

So my questions I guess would be the following. #1 why change from stock to cart style? #2? If it was your emanage hack job, why? I thought this E67 was supposed to be superior in terms of tuneability? Why would you even want/need an emanage (if indeed that was the same build you were talking about).

And could you give me details on how to contact your client? He might be interested in a small community for High Feature V6's I just started.

#1 It was a show car and I didn't want a big black tube in the middle of the engine bay around all chrome pipes.
    #2 There was limited time to get it running. EFILive may not have supported the tune at that time or didn't get that specific OS added by the time the car left me.

Maybe this should be a separate thread because it's become a mess with part numbers and conflicts to what is valid for the LE5
    vs. the LY7.. partly my fault no less.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    EFILive Tuned

Yeah sorry guys for doping up this thread. SCdyne, if you would be so kind perhaps you could PM me some details?

Ok, been MIA for awhile but it's because my customer had a heart attack. He is doing alot better now and wants to finish this tune. I bought a 3bar map sensor and plan on hardwiring it in. I was just wondering where in the software do i make the adjustments to scalar and offset for the new map sensor. It's a GM 3bar.

- Do i just click on and start modding the 3 bar table?

- How do I put the ecu into open loop mode again?

thanks again guys, I really hope to post some dyno results later.

Ok, I installed the 3 bar map sensor and everything seems to be reading correctly. I am trying to mod the vve open loop table but it doesn't seem to be adding any fuel. The Solstice revs up nice and doesnt hit boost cut at 105 anymore but the fuel doesnt seem to be going up in the boost section of the map. I'm trying to follow all the guidelines and setup but I not really getting anywhere. I hope Joecar can chime in on this one. I will try and post up my tune later.

thanks guys!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456