Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: help with E67 tune pontiac solstice with turbo kit

Is it in the engine bay and does it look like your normal GM 3bar map sensor?

ok haha i will go root around and see... Do all e67 equipped vehicles come with map sensors? thanks again for your help man. When we finally get this car all sorted out, you will officially be my hero!

ok so I called the customer and asked him about the map sensor issue. He said he really doesn't think it came with one. So I went hunting on the solstice forums and found that the hahn kit is not equipped with a 2,3 bar map sensor.

The car is getting much easier to tune and is much more steady now but when it hits 105 kpa its like the car doesn't know what to do so it leans out and ignition breaks up as well. Is there something I am not clicking on or something?

The car seems much happier now in maf only mode but I am still hitting that problem. What map do I have to adjust to adjust for maf only? Is it the open afm fuel map?

The car has a 1-bar MAP sensor which plugs into the intake manifold...

The customer needs to get a 2-bar or 3-bar sensor and replace the 1-bar sensor with it... I don't know the part number, the Solstice forum might have it.

To tune above 105kPa the 2-bar (upto 15 psi boost) or 3-bar (more than 15 psi boost) sensor is needed... how much boost will be present...?

Without the 2-bar or 3-bar sensor the ECM won't be able to reference the boost sections of any tables.

In MAF only mode, if you need to make adjustment to make wideband EQR match commanded EQR then make the adjustment/correction to the MAF table B1099 itself... but be sure to be in MAF only mode with OL only mode.

Thanks man! I will definitely work on those options and suggest getting a 3 bar map sensor to my customer.

Hey Joecar, I tried searching for B1099 but efilive says not found? Is it because it differs from E38 maps?

That could be.

darn, where should I look then? Car seems happier but when it goes past 6-7 psi of boost it just gets pissed and coughs and farts.

Engine won't go past 1-bar because the 2-bar or 3-bar VVE/VE table's not set up...

the MAF table might have a different id #... there might be 2 MAF tables (high and low).

Can you post the file here...?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast