Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: help with E67 tune pontiac solstice with turbo kit

Guys, thank you so much for your kind efforts to myself/billion. I really do appreciate the friendliness of this forum, it's actually quite staggering your polite helpful approach.

Taz, thank you I will check that out, and you're correct that is the vehicle that I have. I have somewhat of a "sleeper" mod addiction it's terrible, we both know that my daily is no sport car at 3700 lbs and a FWD automatic (hehe), it's not even the sleeper approach, it's just that I must improve upon everything I own, I hate this.

ANYWAYS...

SE22 I'll purchase a Flashscan V2, is there anything else I need. I'd like to run a wideband o2, so my guess is that I will have to purchase some sort of adapter that will allow a wideband to communicate with my Efilive or don't bother?

I've read through swingtan's writeup it's very comprehensive, it's just that I'm slow to pick up the process for the software, I'll be more worried about getting the VVE tables setup when the time comes. I would like to run both MAF and MAP, so that I can maintain passing emissions. (I believe if I simply turn off fault codes that emissions monitors won't pass correct? - *Note I do not have a sniffer test for emissions just a scan test)
    Last edited by E67boostquest; September 14th, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Which wideband do you have...?

For example, see this: connecting LC-1 to V2

See forum member TAQuickness for ready-made cables.

I typically prefer AEM UEGO. I assume I'm stuck with that LC-1? It's better than nothing unless that LC-1 doesn't contain the resistor from the factory for calibration, which is used to keep the sensor reading accurate even over fouling. The difference in response time and accuracy is pretty significant b/t LC and UEGO.

But I really need the Wideband for VEE tuning eh?

V2 supports AEM UEGO...

Excellent. Now I'll likely need to also spring for another MAF I'm sure I'll out flow this stock one.

Lifetime Member

V2s support most major brands WBO2 sensors via serial input, no dealing with analog ground offsets anymore.

Im not sure what the MAF limit on your car is, but if you wanted to first, tune it in Speed Density then add the MAF back and see if you actually do outflow it. You'd be surprised, there are a bunch of cars/trucks that dont outflow their stock MAF even running boost.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'll be 100% certain that I will out flow the MAF, never met a stock maf I couldn't outflow

If it gives you any idea my car comes equipped stock with 23.6# injectors... Grant it thats at 3bar fuel pressure and stock I run 60 psi, but still. The fuel system - electronics and the rods indicate to me this vehicle wasn't meant for boost

I'm working on a custom intake manifold at the moment, and I was wondering how I would go about getting stock driveability out of an LS7 TB and (I'm not sure what MAF to use to be honest, it's the old MAF and honeycomb style - not the cartridge)

Any updates from anyone?

Sorry I have been REAL busy working and getting ready to get married next month so my online time is limited at best. My supercharged Saturn Sky was tuned on a dynapac (EFILive) and it's an automatic so...
    I digress..

E67boostquest,
    Your MAF will be fine. WORST case if you outflow it then you can change the diameter of the pipe it goes into and recalibrate it from scratch.. I say worse case because this is a bit of a task.
    Since you are talking about custom intake manifold and throttle body then chances are you are going to need to recalibrate it anyhow. Personally I wouldn't do this and unless you want to make 400+ HP its not necessary.

----- -----

A rock solid proven GM MAP sensor that is a drop in replacement:
    2.5 bar ACDelco# 12580698
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

I don't have a cartridge style MAF, it's a standard honeycomb style (which I'm happy about because those don't flip out over being boosted into)

As far as the intake manifold, I'll need to do what I'm doing #1 because I already spent a lot of money for CNC work, #2 because I need to change the orentation of the inlet to the passengerside.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast