Thread: $0536 Error. What am I doing wrong??

Default $0536 Error. What am I doing wrong??

Just tried to use my first Autocal and got a $0536 Error. From what I can tell that indicates that I need to have my V2 plugged in to create the .ctd file. I remade the file with my V2 connected and the same error occured when I tried to flash the file into the car.

Anyone have any ideas?

Which versions of V7/V8 software...?

Which version of firmware...?

I had the same error message today while trying to flash my 2009 Suburban 5.3L. I got it to work by plugging the AutoCal in and not putting the key in the ignition. The unit still powered on (even without the key in the ignition) and flashed the ECM and TCM with no problems. Also, if you happen to have one of the new 6-speed transmissions and are flashing the ECM and TCM, be sure you flash the ECM first and then the TCM. The TCM relies on the new tables you are putting on the ECM. So, you need to flash the ECM before the new tables on the TCM can work properly (and may result in the error message if you flash the TCM before the ECM). Other than that, try clearing the AutoCal and re-flashing the stock tunes to the ECM and TCM and then start over and re-load the new tunes to the AutoCal and attempt to re-flash the ECM and TCM (in that order). Best of luck.

That error indicates that the .CTD file on the AutoCal device has not been saved for remote tuning (for use on an AutoCal). An AutoCal device will only allow flashing of CTD files that have been saved and marked with the FlashScan V2 licnese number that they were "linked" to.

To save the file for use on AutoCal:
    - Connect FlashScan V2 to your PC
    - Open the calibration you want to place on the AutoCal
    - Select the ‘File->Save tuning file for remote flashing’ menu option – create a new file with a short name that you’ll copy to AutoCal using EFILive Explorer; this is what will show under the Prog1 – Prog 5 menu options on the AutoCal device

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew