Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BBL PIDs V2

Could someone verify if this PID list is correct for CALC.VET, there are a few that have different descriptors than what's shown in the how-to. Do I delete the serial wb PID since I have the NGK analog PID at the bottom? (That's what I'm using). Also all my calc PIDs are typed in the V7 pop up box so I believe i'm set there. Thanks in advance.

On a side note...I know it's been a while since anyone posted on this thread but i've been reading all week on this forum to find my missing calc pids and started wondering if it was a V7/V8 issue, as it is. There are many outdated how-to's with seemingly high priority. Most of my frustration with this software comes from reading outdated info. From using the setup CD when I first got it and thinking I couldn't use BBX features when my laptop quit to reading 11/48 pages of the CALC.VET tutorial thread and realizing I had wasted alot of time. It's easy to get sidetracked reading about the issues of others, after all you might learn something, but i'm still trying to get the basics down and it ends up being wasteful of time (relative to the task at hand) and overwhelming.

EFI_V8PIDS
    PCM.MAF_GM
    PCM.DYNAIRTMP_M
    PCM.EQIVRATIO
    EXT.WO2LAM1
    PCM.MAP
    PCM.LONGFT1
    PCM.LONGFT2
    PCM.MAFFREQ
    PCM.TP
    PCM.CYLAIR_M
    PCM.RPM
    PCM.DYNCYLAIR_M
    PCM.ECT
    PCM.HO2S11
    PCM.IAT
    PCM.KR
    PCM.HO2S21
    WO2A.AFR_NGK1

Yes, you don't need the analog wideband NGk pid, you can delete it.

All the relevant info on the Calc.VET procedure is in post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (it has links to supporting info)...

all the other posts are just the historical development of the procedure.

The basics:
    - get your pids (including calc_pids.txt) (taking note of the DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid or lack thereof),
    - setup your maps (one for CALC.VET by RPM x MAP to match VE table B0101, one for CALC.SELBEN by MAFFREQ to match MAF table B5001);
    - capture a log;
    - apply the transient filter;
    - apply the MAF map (by paste-multiplying into B5001),
    - apply the VE map ( by pasting into B0101).

Of course, doing all this requires an understanding how to operate the V7 scantool and tunetool (read their user manual pdf's)...

and requires figuring out if your OS supports the DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid and what to do if it doesn't.

Default Note about transient conditions

In doing the Calc.VET procedure:

when you filter out transient data you are removing not just transient throttle/airmass/airflow data frames, but you are also removing any VE contribution

( below B0120 (4000 rpm) MAF is used for steady state throttle/airflow, and VE is used for transient throttle/airflow )

i.e. you are leaving only the MAF contribution;

so when you multiply CALC.SELBEN into the MAF table you are correcting the MAF only (i.e. without getting tainted by VE contribution).

MAF map = CALC.SELBEN by MAFFREQ -> this is the correction factor for the MAF table B5001 (you paste-multiply this into B5001).

VE map = CALC.VET by RPM x MAP -> this calculates a new VE table from the corrected MAF (you paste this into B0101).

I think I was misleading in my first post, I am using an NGK analog WB, do I use that PID instead of the one mentioned in the how-to? The description in my PID list above just says external but I recall one of the columns saying serial which isn't the case.

Also I believe my OS (12579405) IS on the list of supporting DYNAIRTMP_DMA however I could not find it. I'll go back through the calc.vet thread. Thanks for your help.

Edit: So I need to change my text file as per post #44 for my specific wideband, and then the wo2lam1 pid will be correct? and/or I delete the NGK pid I have at the bottom. Going to make these changes and see how my available pid list looks. Still can't find DYNAIRTMP_DMA however. Thank you again for your help.
    Last edited by FirstGenThree; October 13th, 2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Before you can BBL or BBF(BBR/BBW), you must format the Data Space:

To format the internal Data File system:
    on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to Internal and press OK,
    then go F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

To format the SD Card File system:
    on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to SD Card and press OK,
    then go F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

Allow the format to finish.
    Joe, do you need to format the file system each time if you want to change which PID's you want to log?

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    Joe, do you need to format the file system each time if you want to change which PID's you want to log?
    No, just one time only.

I must be doing something wrong. I cannot seem to figure out how to load the .calc vet file onto my SD card and have the V@ recognize it. What is the proper procedure? Any help would be appreciated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast