Thread: Fuel Injectors, 30pph to 60pph

Default Fuel Injectors, 30pph to 60pph

I've lost my notes on how to change the tune for increased flow rate injectors. Did a search and zip.
    Adding an AA Vortec kit and going from Ford SVO 30 pph to 60 pph injectors in the blower kit. I have the 60 pph injector information on the spread sheet.
    I finished my tune over 5 years ago and feel like a beginner again.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Hi CB,

Is this for the 99C5 in your sig...?

Here is the spreadsheet: http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls

Which FPR do yo have:
    - in-tank returnless non-referenced style,
    - rail mounted manifold-referenced style;

Note: if you have the manifold-referenced style of FPR, remove the air hose before measuring rail pressure (remember to reconnect it later).

Do this:
    - in the spreadsheet goto the EFILive tab,
    - measure fuel rail pressure (see note above), and enter this in the spreadsheet,
    - enter 60 lb/hr for injector rated flowrate,
    - enter 43.5 psi for injector rated pressure,
    - in the spreadsheet copy the IFR table that has the same units as your B4001 table, and paste this into your B4001 table.

Curt, what info do you have for your injectors?
    The spreadsheet calculated IFR will get you close, but to get decent consistency with your fuelling, especially at shorter pulsewidths, ALL the injector tables will need calibrating. (I get a bit anal when it comes to injector characteristics lol)
    The Tremor at AIR

[QUOTE=joecar;128831]Hi CB,

Is this for the 99C5 in your sig...?

Here is the spreadsheet: http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls

Which FPR do yo have:
    - in-tank returnless non-referenced style,
    - rail mounted manifold-referenced style;

Note: if you have the manifold-referenced style of FPR, remove the air hose before measuring rail pressure (remember to reconnect it later).

Hey Joecar, been a long time and thank you for the reply.

Yes, same car, stock internals. I have a Snow Methanol injector kit and a 4" pulley on the Vortec supercharger. Hope it lives until I make a decision on which forged/head parts to install.

FPR is under the left muffler. Non-referenced style?????????

The kit changes the fuel pump and adds a Boost-A-Pump system which boosts fuel pressure based on boost signal off the intake manifold. Taps into the power brake booster hose.

AA sent me the spreadsheet with the fuel injector IFR tables. I've forgotten how to copy that into EFI B4001 table.

AA recommended starting with an AFR of 12-1 and 16* total spark advance until I get the fueling right.

Is the 2 or 3 bar tutorial the directions to follow??

Thanks again, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Default A&A spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Curt, what info do you have for your injectors?
    The spreadsheet calculated IFR will get you close, but to get decent consistency with your fuelling, especially at shorter pulsewidths, ALL the injector tables will need calibrating. (I get a bit anal when it comes to injector characteristics lol)

Ute, I have the A&A spreadsheet for the 60pph. DEKA #A117B10083/10796J injectors.

See my reply to Joecar about the changes in the fuel pump system.

A&A Corvette makes the Vortec supercharger kit for Corvettes.

Thanks, Curt

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs View Post

The kit changes the fuel pump and adds a Boost-A-Pump system which boosts fuel pressure based on boost signal off the intake manifold. Taps into the power brake booster hose.

This changes fuel rail pressure as MAP changes... this is manifold-referenced...

if rail pressure increases 1:1 with increase in MAP (i.e. 1 psi increase in rail pressure for each 1 psi increase in MAP) then you can use the flowrate at your measured rail pressure and set this value thru-out the whole IFR table (i.e. manifold-reference makes the IFR flat all across).

if your rail pressure is 58 psi then use the spreadsheet to scale for 58 psi (the zero kPa cell).