Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lean Cruise

Default Lean Cruise

I have been searching the threads on lean cruise and am interested in getting better mileage. It seems like updating B3647 can accomplish this instead of using the patch. Any thoughts.

Regards,
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

There is an easier way, there was a patch someone released as a .cax file that activates the factory lean cruise tables on non Holden vehicles. It might take a while but if you search this forum for Lean Cruise the thread should appear.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

What OS are you running ? Your truck is a 2002, so probably 12212156 ?

Depending on your OS, I may have a *.cax file that will work.

Regards,
    Taz

Im running COS 02020003.

What are the pros & cons of justing using B3647 vs actually programming in the lean cruise.

Regards,
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

Since you are already using a COS I would just set B3647 to your lean AFR in the cruising cells. The reason being is that some COS's have an issue where a rich cruise mode can occur.(this happens if an enriched cell in B3647 is being used when lean cruise becomes active) There are obviously some lean cruise enablers that are not defined to cause this but I havent had time to track them down as yet.
    The Tremor at AIR

After further review I kinda like the lean cruise features better than the B3647 but sounds like it is going to be difficult or not possible to set up with a COS? Please advise

Thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

It can be set up. In my case I needed to ensure that I was only commanding around stoich up to around the 80kpa column at cruise RPM. I have had lean cruise come active through the enablers around this manifold pressure when commanding 13.0:1 AFR(was a looong time ago so not 100%). The result was a commanded AFR of 13.0:1 at cruise with an actual AFR richer than stoich. (commanded AFR gets locked & the fuelling modifiers adjust the PW independant of this.)
    It will not do any harm to get lean cruise operational & take some logs to ensure this doesnt happen on your OS.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond2509 View Post
    I have been searching the threads on lean cruise and am interested in getting better mileage. It seems like updating B3647 can accomplish this instead of using the patch. Any thoughts.

Regards,
    I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but I did exactly that and it worked like a charm!!!
    You have to have your VE table SPOT ON, then run Open Loop. Who needs O2 sensors anyway.
    I kept an eye on my Wide Band O2 Just to make sure everything was working properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.gif 
Views:	399 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	10685  
    Last edited by L31Sleeper; May 4th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Do you have the lean cruise patch for an 01 ls1? Or is any patch found on here good for any pcm? Also where does the lean cruise patch get downloaded to? usser configeration?
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Now own a 2015 1LE camaro

Do a quick search because the patch info was re-posted on here within the last month. It's simply a .cax file you save in to a directory and away you go (instructions were in the zip).
    It's suitable for any OS from 2001+
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast