Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need some help.

I completely understand what all of you all are saying. However does the E38 command AFR or does it command Lambda. I am pretty sure it is commanding AFR, so if this is the case I want to control what it is commanding all the time. I realize this really comes out to within a certain percentage because of the different fuels, but that would work the same using Lambda because that is only stocih for that tank of gas and not the next.
    If I am wrong about it commanding Lambda in the E38 then I would change my theory on it also. It would be easier I agree to use Lambda only, but I want to use what the PCM is using. Does anyone know if it is commanding Lambda or AFR. I do not see anything in the tune that would support anything besides AFR.
    Last edited by J.Abbott; September 16th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Is all of this above info still applicable or has the efilive software been updated in the last 5 years so that an NGK AFX works a little more seamlessly?

There was never an issue, these were custom PID's being written, they all have been working. The error was me and a decimal point.
    The issue here was not just reading the AFX. EFI Live reads that with no issues at all. EFI can do custom pids but the the formula has to be right and in my case it was not. I figured out what I did wrong and now it works great. The great thing about EFI live though is that if you upgrade your wide band to a AFM1500 you can bring the data in through the serial port of EFI live. You can log AFR, Lambda or GM EQ that way.
    Last edited by J.Abbott; July 8th, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

Ok, so the AFR_NGK1 pid that is preloaded in the scan tool is still not applicable? A custom pid is still required?

No, that PID is fine, I had a custom pid for the AFX for error. The pid that is in there, if you activate your analog input and use that pid it will work fine.

ok, well I tried to use it over the last couple days with no luck. I am aware of the 14.57/14.63 stoiciometric variance, but I,m not even getting that. The analog output is reading about 2-3volts at idle (going off memory, but in the stoic range) but when I plug it into the AD1 analog port it drops down to around 0.2-0.3 volt range when I put a volt meter on the tightening screws of the orange connector. The V2 is then applying that 0.2volts to the {EXT.AD1}*1.4+9 equation so the scan software is showing an afr around 9.3-9.5 range...aka not the correct afr reading. I'm not sure where I went wrong. Guess I'll keep at it...

Do you have the AD's configured in the V2?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345