Thread: DSP5 Switch

Default DSP5 Switch

Is there a way to test the switch with a multimeter? I think my switch may be bad?

Lifetime Member

Check with an ohmmeter, you're looking for in order 270, 1K, 2.2K, 5.9K and either 25K or infinity.

Thanks I did a quick test on Sunday and I was getting 270 and 1k but 0 on everything else. Does this mean I have a problem with my switch?
    What is going on is that I installed the switch and fully reflashed my dsp5 tune to my ECM. I tried it out and could tell it was not changing the tunes. So I did some looking and my one pin was not pushed in all the way. I fixed that , reflashed again because in the mean time
    I went back to my stock tune. Still did not work. I open the scan tool and logged the PIDS and the dsp5 tune pid said non dsp and the switch pid said n/a. And that is where I am today. Any ideas?

Lifetime Member

Well, sounds like the switch is not working. Zero on everything else or infinity, big difference? Does the switch look OK? There is likely a pin to locate it, did you tighten the nut so tight you busted the switch by pushing in the pin? Look at the PCB, is something not soldered? Whoever you got it from should be able to help you.

Ira

OK I did so more testing the switch. I am getting 270, 1k, 2.2k,5.7k, and OL on my tester. After I reconnected the pins back to my ECM I did a voltage test at the switch. I am getting 5vdc and dropping from there as I turn the knob. Does this mean I am getting a good connection at the ECM? If so I am still not able to switch tunes or log any voltages through the scan tool. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Lifetime Member

If those are the reading, the switch is working perfectly. And sadly, I'm not much help on why the tune might not be working.

Ira

Lifetime Member

Have you actually FULL FLASHED in the correct DSP5 OS? It takes about 12 minutes to do so. if it takes less than that you have been cal only flashing
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME