Thread: Turn off traction control 100%?

Default Turn off traction control 100%?

Just can't seem to get traction control shut off 100% on E38 PCM for a Camaro. I've read some of the other threads, but they don't seem to indicate how to shut it off 100%, just to limit it. We will be at the track and need to disable it 100%.

Anyone done this with 100% success?

Thanks!

Turning off T/C and Stabilitrac using the console switch should turn it off 100%. Or are you wanting it off all the time in the ECM?

Ron
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    Turning off T/C and Stabilitrac using the console switch should turn it off 100%. Or are you wanting it off all the time in the ECM?

Ron
    In the ECM.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter View Post
    In the ECM.

Thanks.
    I haven't tuned much in mine in that area to see what could be done. What have you tried so far?
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    I haven't tuned much in mine in that area to see what could be done. What have you tried so far?
    Just about everything in the TCS section including setting all the torque limits for tip-ins to the max for each gear.

try setting
    • B2505 to 120'C
    • B2510 to 7000
    • B2511 to 6800

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    try setting
    • B2505 to 120'C
    • B2510 to 7000
    • B2511 to 6800

Simon.
    That's it? Leave everything else stock, right?

Thanks Dude!!

Those tables should mean that Traction Control never becomes active, so the rest of the tables for Traction Control should make no difference. Torque Management on the other hand is different. Normally though, all you need to do is set all the TM Yes/No options to "No" and it should be fairly good. If you want to be sure, simply max out B2514 and B2517.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Those tables should mean that Traction Control never becomes active, so the rest of the tables for Traction Control should make no difference. Torque Management on the other hand is different. Normally though, all you need to do is set all the TM Yes/No options to "No" and it should be fairly good. If you want to be sure, simply max out B2514 and B2517.

Simon.
    Cool. Thanks Simon. I appreciate it. I will let you know how this works!

Lifetime Member

hey people heres a log and a couple of screen shots of some traction control testing . Interesting how I have the Stab control button off, B0515 to b0532 turned to off, B2514 maxed out, B2517 maxed out, B0533 maxed out, B2522 set to all "0"s , burst knock completely off and still some sort of TC kicks in , hard too.
    So I guess this makes it idiot proof to a point which is not a bad thing. Just thought you may find this interesting. The log mainly consists of stabbing the throttle with the stability control button on then off to see the effect of it > which is quite pronounced too. Its works more at lower RPM's say under 2000, over 2000rpm you could hardly notice the difference with it on or off with general driving.
    (edit: on closer examination of the logs the stability control button seems to affect how much spark retard occurs when the auto kicks down a gear. We don't have access to this yet of course but its worth noting that with it on an extra 5 to 6 degs gets retarded vs it being off.)

The most noticible effect of having all of the above set to off and maxed out was that the car felt crisper and much more direct to drive even with lightish throttle applications wheras before the car felt like it was being held back then suddenly released giving a very jerky feel to the car. Was quite crap actually!
    I logged pedal position, indicated TP and actual TP so you can see what the driver is commanding vs what the TCS is doing etc .
    The screen pic which is at the end of the log is with the Stability control off and a standing launch .....oh and we also found that it only did this when the wheels started to slip or if it hit limiter, if you were more careful with the throttle you could accelerate cleanly no problems.
    cheers,
    Mike
    Disclaimer: all testing was carried out on non public roads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	traction issues.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	9485  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Alchemist; November 23rd, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "