Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An easy 100 hp

Default An easy 100 hp

Well, Looking at all the tables and checking things out, And of coarse, reading on how the heck these motors even work, "Still confuses me" lol,

I have been playing with two tables in peticular..

The main and pilot fuel injector tables..

The pilot table was introduced with the duramax engine, and was a major contribution to why it is so much quieter than the previous diesel motors.
    And the more air and fuel you dump into them the more power they make, no limits until you cant supply any more fuel, or a hardware falure of coarse..

For my testing,
    I have just been adding more to the Gm curve here and there and have had major good results.. You can even put more in a certain area and it makes it feel like a nitrous boost.. The more fuel you give it the power it makes, but i quit at 100 hp on the dyno. Ill play more when i have time. But if any of the new guys want the tune for thier truck just email me ill set you up with something you can use.

Egt temperatures are pretty important to make sure they dont get too high. You can get a really cheap thermocouple for about 65 bucks and it hooks right up the the flash scan unit.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

I'm going to start experimenting with a friend's 01 Duramax and being a "diesel virgin" I'd sure appreciate some insight. I was going to start bumping the fuel table, but I'm not sure how much. If you have a base tune you can share, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to dfe1@usa.net. Also, what's you're opinion on increasing boost? Is there any point in doing that if all you're looking for is a 75-100 hp increase? Thanks.

Dave

Lifetime Member

can you shoot me an email ldhasty at gmail dot com. thanks
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Cool Stuff for the Duramax... Can't wait to save enough cash to get in on the tuning action. I have an 01 and am running a Edge Box. Can't lose the speedlimiter. Anyway, I've been following the advancements of EFILive on a board for Diesels. I'll be watching this for more advance knowledge. Great Job to all of those involved with the work.

Jesse, let me know if this stuff works on the LLY motor as I have a 05' Duramax and as you know the dyno!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

If you can display UEGO voltage on your WB use that. You dont want to exceed 3.20 volts max 3.10.
    Engine life will be shortened if you get carry away. EGT's work but the lengh of time you load it influences it a fair bit.

Diesels are lovely for making easy power
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

Quote Originally Posted by caver
    If you can display UEGO voltage on your WB use that. You dont want to exceed 3.20 volts max 3.10.
    Engine life will be shortened if you get carry away. EGT's work but the lengh of time you load it influences it a fair bit.
    Why do you reference a voltage(3.2v) versus a specific AFR or Lambda? With Stoich for diesel being 14.6 what AFR makes peak HP? Torque? What do you mean by "Engine life will be shortened if you get carry away"?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

If someone has a place to host my modified and stock 2002 lb7 file email me, ill put them up for everyone to see for a little bit.

"If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

foff667

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    If someone has a place to host my modified and stock 2002 lb7 file email me, ill put them up for everyone to see for a little bit.

you could email them to me whenn1@comcast.net ive got tons of room

Lifetime Member

I can host it send it to ldhasty@gmail.com
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast