Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An easy 100 hp

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    I couldn't get it to download at all! I would like to see the 100 hp tune if someone could forward it to me.

Thanks

Howard
    File has been sent

dfe1,

Could you forward it to me also? I'd like to compare to the ones I've played with.
    2003 CC 3500, LB7
    EFILive and lovin it

If anyone could send me a copy of those programs too, that would be much appreciated. Thanks
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis
    dfe1,

Could you forward it to me also? I'd like to compare to the ones I've played with.
    File sent (bla bla) reply is now 10 characters long

Lifetime Member

Why do you reference a voltage(3.2v) versus a specific AFR or Lambda? With Stoich for diesel being 14.6 what AFR makes peak HP? Torque? What do you mean by "Engine life will be shortened if you get carry away"?
    Thanks,
    I refer to Uego voltage on diesels as that is what I used when I tuned them.
    I have never used a AFR when tuning diesels but there are comparison tables out there. I "speak" AFR and UEGO. On petrol engines Uego 3.00v is around 0.5% CO or 15:1 AFR. 2.85v is about 2.5%co or 13.4 AFR(from memory)
    On diesels the more fuel you give it the more power it makes untill its pumping clouds of black smoke and melting pistons.

Past 3.10v Uego the EGT's are getting very high and engine damage is not far away.
    I personally am not brave enough to run a diesel that hot I have noticed that some of the factory diesels ie Mitsubishi run 2.95 volts at low rpm but they have a history of cracking heads.

Remember that diesels work the opposite of petrol engines in that leaner mixtures run cooler and richer mixtures run hotter.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

I just tried the "100hp" tune on an 01 Duramax and while it definitely improves acceleration, there are some part throttle drivability issues. It also seems as though the trans isn't particularly happy when it's time to shift. I didn't have a chance to data log, so I can't provide more details. I'll do that in the next day or two.

Thanks Caver!

Could someone forward a copy of the "100hp" tune to 1Dskinner at Comcast dot net

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Racehemi; January 9th, 2006 at 03:03 PM.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

These files now download and open with no problem. If the links above don't work, go pack to Foff667's original post and click the links there.

You have to Do a relearn proceedure for the trans to act better, It is just a little more power than it is set up for on the trans? Hopefully GMPX will get the Allison controller cracked so we can play with those settings and be in control..
    I forgot what i had to do to make the trans normal again.

Im not saying that this tune is going to be good for components, I was just putting it up there for people to see how simple adding such a large amount of power is.. 100 hp is alot of power added,
    2 fueling tables is what made all the difference. you can see in the history tab of the .tun file of all the tables i changed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    You have to Do a relearn proceedure for the trans to act better, It is just a little more power than it is set up for on the trans? Hopefully GMPX will get the Allison controller cracked so we can play with those settings and be in control..
    I forgot what i had to do to make the trans normal again.

Im not saying that this tune is going to be good for components, I was just putting it up there for people to see how simple adding such a large amount of power is.. 100 hp is alot of power added,
    2 fueling tables is what made all the difference. you can see in the history tab of the .tun file of all the tables i changed. Thanks
    The trick to get the tranny to relearn is bring the truck to 50 mph and downshift the truck into first while letting the truck coast (no throttle!). It will down shift a gear at a time. Let the truck come to a complete stop and repeat three more times. Each time you do it the tranny will firm up the shifts. More driving will continue to improve the shifts. Its "adaptive learning" at its finest!

Also 100 HP (rear wheel) tune will definately "limp" the tranny! This is when the converter speed varies from the crankshaft speed. The PCM looks at this variance as "slippage". Once this occurs the truck is forced into 4th gear and down shifts are reduced. Engine check light will also come on. Any looking to run this much power (or more) should think about installing a triple lockup converter for starters. The other problem with the Allision 1000 tranny is the 4th and 5th gear clutch packs. Those gears are where the truck starts pulling like a frieght train, however they have the least amount of holding power. Ultimately a Level 4 or 5 tranny will allow around 1000 RWFT!

I have been running a 100 HP tune in my o5' for the last week. It runs like a stock LS1 car!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast