Thread: 99 to 02 to COS5

Default 99 to 02 to COS5

Wow, it's been so long since I did this originally ... just making sure I'm not missing anything here ...
    In order to move from a stock 99 with OS 09360361 the steps are:

- flash a suitable stock OS (e.g. 12212156?)
    - flash the .tun of the original OS into the now 02 stock OS (or do I first have to manually copy all the tables to the new stock OS?)
    - flash COS5
    - use the .tun from the 02 OS to flash into COS5

Thanks ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Yes, you have to manually copy each table to a 12212156 manual transmission file (to match the transmission according to your sig)... use copy-with-labels and paste-with-labels.

Then full flash the 12212156 file and make sure your car runs at least as good as previous.

Then:
    - full flash 02020005,
    - cal only flash from the 12212156 file,
    - read the PCM back and save to file,
    - edit this file to fix the out-of-range cells, save file (this is now your working file),
    - cal only flash the saved file.
    Last edited by joecar; November 24th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Yeah, I already thought I remembered going through the settings back on the 2k ... I'm already at it going through an 02 Camaro A4, which more or less matches mine ... I was now only wondering whether or not it is a good idea to keep some of the now altered settings in the 02 stock tune as they are, instead of pasting the 99 stock settings - e.g. the base fueling tables for cranking etc. do look different, I don't think there were that many changes to the LS1 between 99 and 02 that would warrant sticking with the "old" stuff instead of the improved (?) settings ... !?
    E.g., spark tables also look pretty different - B5943 on the 99 is a flat line, whereas the 02 has a decaying line there ... lots of others there, to ...
    Last edited by Garry; September 11th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.

OK, after some fiddling I have the car up and running nicely again, already did the first AutoVE tunes with everything in the -4500 RPM range down to +-3% or so ... had some trouble at first after uploading the working 02 tune into COS5, car wouldn't run, even though I had the changes in; I then used the stock 02 tune with the alterations, and it ran pretty rough, then went back to my migrated tune, added the AutoVE base changes, and it was smooth again ... hope to see how well she does on the track next weekend ...

Make sure you fix the out-of-range cells.

Let us know how you go...

Yeah, that's one thing I didn't like ... seems a small bug in the Tune prg ... after loading the file, Tune fixes the values, marks them as "changed", but writing the file it seems to keep the old content - even clicking the field and pressing "enter" doesn't save the value ... you have to click the field, update to something else, then change to whatever the value was ... (if you want to keep that value that is ...)

Sorry, I should have pointed you to this:

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In the tables listed as OOR, see the cells marked with blue dog-ear corners, take note of the values, enter some value that is in range (like min+1 or max-1), do this on all tables, then save file, exit tunetool...

then open tunetool, go to those same tables and insert the old values back in those cells, save file, exit tunetool, reopen and verify no out-of-range messages.

Explanation: when the tunetool sees an OOR value, it displays the closest of min or max... when you then enter min or max, the tunetool thinks you did not edit the cells (since it compares what you entered to what it was displaying)... so you have to enter something different and save/exit, reopen and enter your proper min or max... little bit tricky.

Arse, thanks Joe.

Spent 1hr wondering why the car ran like shit after COS5 from the 99 OEM.
    Ended up playing around with the original 99...

Will try again tomorrow
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

All sorted was ask I expected, but couldnt find. A bad A000x table in the COS. All running nice now.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.