Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 4.3 (test and learn truck)

Lifetime Member

Agree ….

No cutting or soldering required. No special tools required either. I use a small screwdriver or a pick to lift the plastic tabs, then pull the wire / pin assembly out from the back of the connector.

Regards,
    Taz

i realized all this on friday as i started to lay everything out.... and boy oh boy am i glad i did.

i got it all repinned and plugged in the PCM and everything worked... except it wouldnt start.
    so i grabbed my buddy's PCM out of his Yota (its a rockcrawler and it has the same drivetrain as my truck) and plugged that in. it fired right up. so i did a full reflash from his tun and beings it is a crawler the shift-points are differient and for some reason it wouldnt shift out of overdrive. it stared there and stayed there.
    then i got onto holden and downloaded a stock tun for a 2002 s10, flashed that onto the PCM and it works great.
    there are two DTC and i can only remember one at the moment, and it was "generator F-terminal" The light on my gauges that is in the shape of a battery keeps turning on and off. i think there might be a problem there? haha.
    Any advice on how to fix it?

the pinout i got from Lextech was easily followed. there was a couple hang up's, but nothing a little trial and error couldnt fix.
    it was amazingly simple for anyone else who is wanting to try it.

any suggestions on what to change first? im looking for better MPG, im geting about 16 now. power would be nice too.

i appriciate all the time and effort you guys have given to answereing my questions.
    in about four and a half years we can but untill then, a thanks is all i can offer.

Thanks,
    Branden

You will have to change that "Generator F-terminal" (P1638) to "not reported" as opposed to "non emissions" in the engine diagnostics/DTC/MIL. That will get rid of the light & code.

Also, if you go into System>Vehicle Platform>Vehicle Platform Options you can set that "Alternator F Terminal" to "No" instead of "Yes".

Is it the other code a P1336 for the CASE relearn?

Let us know what the other DTC is so we can assist.
    Last edited by bai78; September 25th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
    1999 Tahoe LT, 4x4, 5.7

315x75x16 BFG A/T's on 16x10, Doug Thorley Tri-Y Headers, Borla dual exhaust, 6" Pro Comp lift, JDK tail lights, Grizzly tail light guards, grill/brush guard, Pilot lights, 4.56 gears, SSBC Force 10 brake kit, tru-trac, ProCharger, BlackBear Performance Tune, 255 lph intank Walbro, 12200411 pcm swap.

In Progress:
    - Intake swap with 44# LS3 injectors & 0411 pcm tune
    - 2002 Denali XL: MP112 comins soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bai78 View Post
    Also, if you go into System>Vehicle Platform>Vehicle Platform Options you can set that "Alternator F Terminal" to "No" instead of "Yes".
    blindawg, the table id for this is G1207... this table is indexed by G1206.

I wonder what was causing the no-start...?

Quote Originally Posted by blindawg View Post
    ...i got it all repinned and plugged in the PCM and everything worked... except it wouldnt start.
    so i grabbed my buddy's PCM out of his Yota (its a rockcrawler and it has the same drivetrain as my truck) and plugged that in. it fired right up. so i did a full reflash from his tun and beings it is a crawler the shift-points are differient and for some reason it wouldnt shift out of overdrive. it stared there and stayed there.
    then i got onto holden and downloaded a stock tun for a 2002 s10, flashed that onto the PCM and it works great....
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I wonder what was causing the no-start...?
    Silly question, was the 411 flashed over with the appropriate OS/calibration before you fired it up? Also, what OS/calibration is in your friends rock crawler pcm?
    1999 Tahoe LT, 4x4, 5.7

315x75x16 BFG A/T's on 16x10, Doug Thorley Tri-Y Headers, Borla dual exhaust, 6" Pro Comp lift, JDK tail lights, Grizzly tail light guards, grill/brush guard, Pilot lights, 4.56 gears, SSBC Force 10 brake kit, tru-trac, ProCharger, BlackBear Performance Tune, 255 lph intank Walbro, 12200411 pcm swap.

In Progress:

Lifetime Member

Nicely done … good work troubleshooting the unforeseen issues (that always seem to pop up !). You mentioned fuel mileage as an area you would like to concentrate on. Let me know what OS you ended up using – I’m assuming 12212156. I should have a Lean Cruise (LC) *.cax file that will work. Add in a Holden tune as a reference for the initial parameters in B3634 - B3638, and values in tables B3639 & B3646 - and you’re good to go.

Regards,
    Taz

bai78,
    Fixed that code, thanks for the help.
    There is no relearn code. i was pretty excited bout that.
    and the other DTC is U1000 "Class 2 data link" out of the inflatable restraint module (i have my passenger air bag turned off on the dash, would that be the cause?)
    when it wouldnt start I hadn't flashed anything on it, it was suppose to be a computer out of a 2001 s10, so i figured it was worth a try.
    My buddy's tun- anthony, 2001 s-10_new1.tun

Taz,
    yes that is my OS. im not understanding what you are saying about LC .cax file though...
    where do i get the holden tun for those paramiters?

Thanks guys,
    Branden

Lifetime Member

Hello Braden,

If you want, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll forward you the necessary files and instructions. Don't want to "hijack" this thread into a CAX file discussion !

It may be helpful to you to read through some of the threads in the CAX file portion of the Forum, to understand how / when Lean Cruise functions, and how to enable it.

I will also include an explanation in the information I send you.

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; September 26th, 2010 at 05:14 AM.

I wouldn't worry about hijacking, it's his thread anyways.
    1999 Tahoe LT, 4x4, 5.7

In Progress:

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast