Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applying car OS to tahoe w/T42

Erik, my cluster readout has not changed, but I'll keep an eye on it. Driving it for the past couple days I am really liking it being unlocked in 3rd, the engine definetly stays up in its powerband and the butt dyno says it's quicker. I'll have to run some logs and do some tests to verify it.

Lifetime Member

Ok good to hear, when I used a GTO TCM OS my cluster gear selector messed up and stayed in "1", I had 3rd gear (limp home mode I think). Only drove around the block and then flashed back to my TBSS TCM OS because I didnt want to mess my trans up. If you're running the stock OS then you wont have issues with the cluster.

Ill look into doing that, I dont think my TC ever locks up in 3rd unless I have the selector in 3 not D. I want to run a car OS so that when I lift my foot off the gas to slow down for a second on the highway that my TC doesnt unlock then relock once I get back on the gas.

I have some 08 Holden TCM OSs that Im going to try, if anyone has a suggestion for a 4L60-65-70E car TCM OS from 2008 please let me know!! Really wish the ECM <-> TCM comms were more generic like the LS1 PCMs so we can run whatever ECM OS and whatever TCM OS we want.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I have some 08 Holden TCM OSs that Im going to try, if anyone has a suggestion for a 4L60-65-70E car TCM OS from 2008 please let me know!! Really wish the ECM <-> TCM comms were more generic like the LS1 PCMs so we can run whatever ECM OS and whatever TCM OS we want.
    Subscribing to this thread… I too have been looking for the TCC to behave this way.

Any updates on keeping the TCC locked while coasting above the release parameters?

Lifetime Member

Unfortunately no, Shupe Im going to reply to your PM in a few minutes.

It seems to be a delicate mix, you have to pair a car TCM OS with a truck ECM OS that can understand the CAN messages the TCM is spitting (and vice-versa). Otherwise you get 2nd gear only and no gear selector.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I am still running with 3rd unlocked as aeound town it just makes it a more pleasant driving experience as I typically only use 4th when on the highway. With 4th being locked at cruise on the highway it still does unlock when I lift then relock, but it is not annoying as I have it tuned now to feel like an additional gear shift.
    I have found that trans. tuning is definetly varied from person to person and you just need to get it dialed into your own liking. All the time I spend on it will go out the window soon as I will be adding a front mount turbo within the next couple months. Ugh.

Bringing an old thread back to life! I too have a 2008, silverado with an E38 and T42 combo, and I'm trying to find a car OS that will work with the truck E38 and also keep the converter locked at 0% throttle. I tried a 2005 corvette t42 os and 2006 gto t42 OS with no luck, didn't have reverse lights, no gearshift indication, I didn't even attempt to drive the truck.

Now I did find a 2008 holden commodore (middle east) T42 OS that mates to an E38 ECM, so I decided to try that. I updated all of the tables to match my latest tune, performed a full flash, and all seems to be working except for my speedometer, the ECM VSS PID is showing 255 km/h on the scantool but my speedo stays at zero. The trans does shift through all four gears and does remained locked at 0% throttle, however it feels like something is dragging while driving around at slow speeds, almost as if the brakes are applied, however it might be all in my head due to not being able to determine my speed.

Does anyone have suggestions or know how to get the truck T42 to keep the converter locked at 0% throttle? I know this has been brought up a few times, just thought someone might have found a workaround by now. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12